• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two Pieces of Good News

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Today is a good day for me. First, I just got approved for a loan to get my '08 Harley Davidson Sportster, yay very excited. I have had Harley withdrawal for like 4 years while I was in the service. Second item. I bought three cups of mixed dubia from Mulberry Farms. Surprisingly most of them were adults. I made my bin out of a sterilite bin, cut out and screened the top, installed an undertank heater, set it to 95 and all that junk. Well I checked up on them last night and found around 10 tiny little nymphs, so the dubia are breeding, yay!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Justus85 said:
Today is a good day for me. First, I just got approved for a loan to get my '08 Harley Davidson Sportster, yay very excited. I have had Harley withdrawal for like 4 years while I was in the service. Second item. I bought three cups of mixed dubia from Mulberry Farms. Surprisingly most of them were adults. I made my bin out of a sterilite bin, cut out and screened the top, installed an undertank heater, set it to 95 and all that junk. Well I checked up on them last night and found around 10 tiny little nymphs, so the dubia are breeding, yay!

Only on a reptile forum can you get away with talking about Harleys and roaches all in the same paragraph. LOL!

Congrats, Justus.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Haha I know right! I have a diverse range of hobbies to say the least. Thanks Craig

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great about the roaches.

BE CAREFUL on that Harley! Love bikes too!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Justus...I am assuming (hopefully correct) by your name that you were born in 1985. My oldest was born in 1986...I told him that as long as he lived in my house, no street bikes, lol! He was never happy with me, although we all road dirt bikes and followed the motocross season. He is now out of the house at school in Iowa, still no bike as far as I know.
Looking forward to pics.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Congrats on the new bike...cannot wait to see pics....as you can tell by my user name and our little girls name (Harley) we are huge fans and dedicated riders !!!

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes I was born in 85. Harley D do you participate in any riding group or MC?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I plan to eventually get another bike. Last one was a 79 1000cc Ironhead that i purchased as a basket case and rebuilt by hand.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
I plan to eventually get another bike. Last one was a 79 1000cc Ironhead that i purchased as a basket case and rebuilt by hand.

Yep same, I haeve been itching to get back on two wheels. I'm trying to find out if I can convert a 4 stroke dirt bike into a hyper motard and be road compliant here in OZ (nice cheap way to get about in the city as i work in the city, no parking fees either). If not then I'll have to wait alot longer to on a 636 ninja.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay...since we've brought up bikes and there are some newbies, here, I have to post a pic of mine. I can't take it anymore.

It's a 1982 Suzuki GS1100E....has been my dream bike for MANY years and I finally got it about three years ago. I just haven't been able to ride all that much these last two years due to so many surgeries. Plan to get a ride in this weekend, though. ;)

FlyScreen1.jpg

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea I plan on riding this weekend. Eventually I am gonna try to get into a Veteran MC. Nice bike Craig, looks fast.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Cool more bikers.

As most of you know my husband totalled his bike in May, well since then the insurance has paid out and he got THIS ONE.
A Triumph Daytona 675. Really cool and really fast.
Will get a better daytime pic over the weekend and post

GerritsBike.jpg

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Now that is a sharp bike. Definitely looks like it handles well and is very fast. Sportster is the lightest and most maneuverable of the Harley lineup which is what I like about it. I just can't handle that crotch rocket posturing for too long. Bear in mind I have really long legs. Plus I am just a sucker for that Harley sound and chrome. :)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I also am a die hard cruiser fan but in the realm of "crotch rockets" there is a type of bike that I have ridden and did enjoy its posture. They are typically referred to as naked bikes (if you look up the suzuki bandit you will see the type I am talking about). I coveted owning a B-king (bandit with the busa motor in it) for quite a while but the temptation to throttle it out to see just what it could do is too great (got it up to 175 when I test rode one and that proved to me that I didn't need it cause I wasn't full throttle yet lol)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
I also am a die hard cruiser fan but in the realm of "crotch rockets" there is a type of bike that I have ridden and did enjoy its posture. They are typically referred to as naked bikes (if you look up the suzuki bandit you will see the type I am talking about). I coveted owning a B-king (bandit with the busa motor in it) for quite a while but the temptation to throttle it out to see just what it could do is too great (got it up to 175 when I test rode one and that proved to me that I didn't need it cause I wasn't full throttle yet lol)

My 1100E rides that same way, Brian. I can't ride crotch rockets due to my back (leaning too far forward)....and cruisers tend to hurt, too, as they tend to put a lot of pressure on my lower spine (especially with forward controls). I found the 1100E (same would be for the Bandit and "naked" bikes) are ergonomically the best bet for me if I want to ride a bike. Back and calves are parallel with each other and thighs are about 90 degrees from calves due to the bike's geometry. This alleviates almost all pressure from my spine as everything's in line.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OMG...I better not let my husband see that bike Monique. We have been having this little argument. He wants a bike like that. Around here we just call all those "speed" bikes Ninjas. Anyways, that's what he wants. I tell him this...."Dean you NEVER see old guys on those bikes for a reason, lol! You will look like a fool trying to look young". He says..."Na, with a helmet and glasses nobody will be able to tell that I am old", lol!

Latest posts