• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping in cave

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
The UVB is called exo Terra uvb 150 and the other one is just a white bulb it looks like this

Attachments

• 20210817_190658.jpg
    20210817_190658.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210817_190658.jpg
    20210817_190658.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The UVB is called exo Terra uvb 150 and the other one is just a white bulb it looks like this
The basking bulb is good as long as it's keeping basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- is he basking? Your not running both bulbs are you? You do not want to cook your dragon----- get a UVB ASAP-- he needs UVB- did I send links for UVB's?

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
The basking bulb is good as long as it's keeping basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- is he basking? Your not running both bulbs are you? You do not want to cook your dragon----- get a UVB ASAP-- he needs UVB- did I send links for UVB's?
I thought he needed both bulbs on all the time though so yes they are on?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I thought he needed both bulbs on all the time though so yes they are on?
Please get a temp place the probe where he sits for basking--- if it's over 100 it's too hot- those basking bulbs and UVB need to be shut off after 12 hrs- dragons need cool and dark- 12 hours off-- if your leaving them on 24 hours your dragon is getting no sleep- temps in the tank at nite not below 65 and not above 75

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
Please get a temp place the probe where he sits for basking--- if it's over 100 it's too hot- those basking bulbs and UVB need to be shut off after 12 hrs- dragons need cool and dark- 12 hours off-- if your leaving them on 24 hours your dragon is getting no sleep- temps in the tank at nite not below 65 and not above 75
I bought a temp thing today..I do turn them off I just wasn't sure for how long, I turned them both off at 7 cause he's sleeping in his cave right now, but they both need to be on for 12 hours right and off for 12 hours?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I bought a temp thing today..I do turn them off I just wasn't sure for how long, I turned them both off at 7 cause he's sleeping in his cave right now, but they both need to be on for 12 hours right and off for 12 hours?
Yes on the photo period- is your temp guage a digital one? Take the probe tomorrow place it on the basking spot after the basking bulb has been on for a hour or so let it sit there for 10 minutes then see what the temp is - please get a uvb your dragon is getting sick w/ out it he will eventually quit eating

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
Yes on the photo period- is your temp guage a digital one? Take the probe tomorrow place it on the basking spot after the basking bulb has been on for a hour or so let it sit there for 10 minutes then see what the temp is - please get a uvb your dragon is getting sick w/ out it he will eventually quit eating
The temp gauge is a digital one yes, Okey I'll test It out 2morrow..I turned off his lights at 7 when should they go back on?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tomorrow I want you to take him outside either in a plastic tote NO GLASS or sitting on you place him in direct sunlight/ partial shade for 15 minutes or longer if sitting on you-- if you use a tote DO NOT leave him-- supervise him - the sun is going to provide good UVB till you get one do this every day or every other

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@Sadie Okey so I should turn the lights back on tomorrow at 7? So if I take him outside hhe will be Okey until I can get him UVB lighting?
Yes on the time --- its fine -- and you want a 17 watt bulb -- and yes get him outside it will be good UVB for him ---
Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --22" bulb - that will fit the Pro T 5 fixture

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@Sadie The petstore didn't have THAT reptisun one but my sister was looking and she was wondering I'd something like this would workView attachment 28985
The 14% bulb is too strong for your tank--- you need to have a distance of 24"-- go to the links I posted and get one of those - pangea is good and fast about getting them out--- if you need more help please ask

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
@Sadie so I want this bulb the 22inch one which fixture thingy should I get?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@Sadie so I want this bulb the 22inch one which fixture thingy should I get?
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-prot5-uvb-kit.html 24" -- see if this one is cheaper than at the pet store
you can also get this one as well 24" fixture https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html
you will need this bulb 22" bulb https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html
Its up to you let me know which one you get

Latest posts