• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping in cave

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
1) My Mushu has been sleeping under his hide since it's been dark is that normal?

2) Also when he's sleeping can I turn his lights off?
Dragons need a photo period of 12 hrs on 12 hrs off - light off at nite on during the day please
How long has he been doing this and how old is Mushu?

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
He did come out of his cave soon after I posted this..I think hes still getting used to his surroundings being as I only brought him home yesturday, getting him proper lighting today, he ate some wax worms and crickets but no salad yet

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He did come out of his cave soon after I posted this..I think hes still getting used to his surroundings being as I only brought him home yesturday, getting him proper lighting today, he ate some wax worms and crickets but no salad yet
Let me know w/ the UVB so I can help you place it they need correct distance and placement - --- NO Zilla and NO Thrive fixtures you want good ones like Zoo Med --- take the crickets and disable them like taking a leg off and put them on top of his salads --- I dont recommend wax worms --- get some of these they are way better for him and a great staple feeder use as many as you want www.symtonbsf.com see if you can order large as they are small - if hes 3-4 months old he should be able to eat large -- DO NOT dust them --- you want a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 for a 40 + gallon tank -

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
Okey yeah I sent pics to that other thread of what my light bulbs looked like bit I'm just getting 2 new ones..the good ones you suggested, the tank is 40ish gallons

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okey yeah I sent pics to that other thread of what my light bulbs looked like bit I'm just getting 2 new ones..the good ones you suggested, the tank is 40ish gallons
Ok good let me know when you have them and I will help get the UVB placed

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah I figure I want to do it right..he pooped this morning as well and it's dark brown and healthy looking, BTW thank you for your all your help

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
@Sadie hey so I couldn't find the exact light and fixture you said so would this work
Resized_20210817_174434(1).jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@SadieOkey thank you..so this Is the only bulb/ light I need right now..also how long should I turn his light off at night?
Is your tank 24" high? You do not want that bulb if it is not you need the 12% bulb for a tank 18" high- lights off for 12 hours on for 12 hours-

Mushu the bearded dragon

Hatchling Dragon
I'll measure but if it's not 24 inches high then I should get the 12 inch one? But this is the only light I need right like I don't need another one?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'll measure but if it's not 24 inches high then I should get the 12 inch one? But this is the only light I need right like I don't need another one?
You need a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby-- if it's a 6 months old or older 95-100- digital probe thermometer needs to be used for those temps- the UVB did you look for a 12% bulb? The 12" is too short- you can get the pro T5 and order a 12% Arcadia bulb here https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-12-uvb-t5-reptile-bulb.html 22" bulb---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@Sadie I didn't get the uvb one yet..cause I wasn't sure if that bulb would be Okey...he's 5 or 6 years so not a baby so I don't need a basking bulb right?
Yes he has to have heat he will not survive w/ out heat it's what starts their digestion-- you need uvb and a bright white basking bulb - what are you using now? Tell me what bulbs you have right now

Latest posts