• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Show us your enclosures

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
its not fantastic and all people i just started this is my first baby and maybe someone can give me any insite i used newspaper as for background because he his young and i plan on building him a better enclosure i just got this tank for free so im using this one

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't have any pics to share right now but we did just get a new enclosure this past weekend. Our BD was in a cham enclosure when we got her and we upgraded to an Exo Terra with the doors on the front, etc. I have a questions for all of you. What do you use to clean the inside? Scarlet took the nastiest poo :eek: today and I need to wash everything. Of course I want the glass to be spotless by the time I am done. Is it safe to use windex or some other glass cleaner on the inside? With the cham enclosure I could just toss the entire thing in the wash and be done with it, LOL. This glass stuff has me stumped. Any help would be great.

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
IMG_00000005.jpg
IMG_00000006.jpg
IMG_00000004.jpg

Here is mine, also posted in another thread.IMG_00000004.jpgIMG_00000005.jpgIMG_00000006.jpg

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i use a 1/4 chlorine mixed with washing detergent and water. i spray it down let it sit for about 15 minutes and rinse my tank out untill i can't smell the chlorine anymore
Does that get the spots off of the glass though?

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
P1020711    neywud.JPG

Thankyoou :) she loves to climb when we got her she only had a small tank and i felt so so sorry for her so ye aha the biggest tank we could find this is it now weve had abit of a shuffle round not as much to climb on but a bit of change for her ^.^

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It is arguable whether or not this goes here, and perhaps in habitats, but I think it is necessary for our dragons health that we have at least the minimum standards met. Please feel free to add your proper setups to this post, it would be great to see what we have learned and done. I included some photos of mine so people who ask how their tanks should be set up will understand, without the lights on except one UVB, they took too much away from the picture.
Hatchling - baby setup: in a minimum 20L gal enclosure. Keep in mind, this is a temporary arrangement for these babies, they're not being kept and if you have one you should not keep more than one in this setup. The babies and crickets cannot access the plants, I made sure of this before I put them in, but they are aloe even if they did manage to get into them. The fruit you see in the middle is a pepper, too large for the babies to fit in their mouths but good for the crickets to munch on so they stay away from munchin on the babies.
IMG_2004.jpg

Cleopatra's setup: she is a leatherback and will not reach the full potential of the regular dragons, she is in a 36gal bowfront, in a tall tank because of the type of light that is being used, it is not recommended for her to be able to get close to it, the UVB penetrates deep.
IMG_2007.jpg

Castiel's setup: in a minimum 40gal breeder enclosure. This is actually a turtle tank :D I love it because of the sliding doors in front. We are currently using a temp gun, therefore none of our tanks show the thermometer used.
IMG_2008.jpg

Please note: water dishes are not required as long as they are getting the proper baths and/or misting, I choose to include them because my dragons will use them in between baths. The sand substrate is children's washed play sand.

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
You've inspired me to take pictures of our beardies setup. It's nice for others to see to get an idea of what is required for these guys to thrive. :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You've inspired me to take pictures of our beardies setup. It's nice for others to see to get an idea of what is required for these guys to thrive. :)
There are so many questions, I figured it would be nice to have a resource for people to see. I might still have some mistakes in here, but it's a good start!

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
I like the cage with the sliding doors, by the way. :) we are hoping to biuld a custom enclosure within the next year or so...it will definitely include doors like that.

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
P3150008-1.JPG

I got this idea from Aleena. She posted some pics of her beardie's set ups so people can sort of have a guide to go by. When I first started browsing this site, I eagerly looked for other ideas and suggestions for our dragons home. Dragons are easy to care for, but require things to be just right (temp, food, lighting). Here are a few pictures of Thistle's home. I'll explain them as I go. :)

Here is his home. 55 gallon tank. His basking spot is on the left and his feeding station is on the right. For a substrate I use reptile carpet. It's easy to clean and looks good too. On the left side above his basking spot I hung a clip. I use this to clip a collard green. I spray it with water just before putting it in and he will occasionally lick the water off.

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
Here's a close up of his feeding station. In the green bowl he's got a mixture of collard greens, romaine lettuce, and cucumber. In the orange bowl he's got a few dubia roaches left from his feeding about 10 minutes ago. They've been dusted in calcium.
100_0461-001.JPG

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
This is his basking light. It is a 100 watt bulb that is about 10 inches above his basking spot. I have it on a plant hanger so I can adjust it if I need to (higher for a cooler temp, lower for a warmer temp).
100_0464-001.JPG

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
This is his UVB bulb. I have it attached to a thin board that sets inside of his tank. This way it's not being blocked by the screen. It was easy to do and beats having to remove it every time I opened the screen. This bulb is a 36" ReptiSun 10.0.
100_0465-001.JPG

Latest posts