• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Additions To Our Family;-)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Finally took the leap a few weeks ago into a world that has fascinated both Kat and I for some time. Our only question now is why we didn't jump sooner..lol..Absolutely Amazing Creatures:D

Introducing some of the members of our T Family!!

#1- Our Two Avicularia avicularia Pink Toe Tarantulas
PinkToeOne1217_zpsf188c80f.jpg

PinkToeTwo1217_zps09da1474.jpg

#2- Our Two Grammostola rosea Chilean Rose Hair Tarantulas
RosieOne1217_zps2698ca5e.jpg

RosieTwo1217_zpsd0fac887.jpg

#3- Our Grammostola aureostriata Chaco Golden Knee Tarantuala
CGoldenKnee1217_zps02d7b98d.jpg

#4- Our Brachypelma vagans Mexican Red Rump Tarantula
RedRump1217_zps3d76ab59.jpg

#5- Our Lasiodora parahybana Brazilian Salmon Pink Birdeater Tarantula...she's a very big girl at a good 6 inches and gonna be a lot bigger too!
Birdeater1217_zps042ae144.jpg

#6- Our Two Ephebopus mirinus Skeleton Tarantulas
SkeletonOne1217_zps501244c5.jpg

SkeletonTwo1217_zpsd0b707a8.jpg

and Our Haplopelma lividum Cobalt Blue...this one is Old World, beautiful, extremely fast and a bit psychotic...and not one you want to take a hit from...lol
CobaltBlue1217_zps2d40277f.jpg

We also have two other Old Worlds, a beautiful pair of Heteroscodra maculata Ornamental Baboon Tarantulas but they a very camera shy and spend most of their time deep in their burrows but I will post pics of them as soon as I catch them off guard:)

Enjoy!!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Gotta a luck shot of one of our two Heteroscodra masculata-Togo Starburst(Ornamental) Baboon Tarantulas...she was laying in wait for her dinner...a couple of seconds later she grabbed her roach and disappeared into her very heavy and extensive web:)
TogoStarburst_zps89b51615.jpg
Enjoy!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Spiders aren't my forte. They scare me, but I did have a wild orb-weaver I'm not afraid of. She comes out in mid-autumn from her hiding place outside near the window.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
They actually aren't that scary...well we have a couple that are a lil spooky..lol...our Cobalt Blue and our two Togo Starburst Ornamentals..They are extremely fast and very aggressive when provoked and their bites are considered 'medically significant" meaning a hit by them would not be a fun thing at all. But there has never been a fatal tarantula bite recorded. Mostly they are painful. Our Birdeater's fangs are very large and they can get up to 3/4 inch long. She is a lil over 6 inches now but can reach 10 inches...Most of the ones we have are just extremely interesting to watch and if you do a bit of reading about tarantulas their whole make up is absolutely fascinating and also amazing is that they have been around for over 20 million years. They are also very long lived pets so they are a real commitment. Some females can live over 20 years.
They are truly nothing to be scared of though and some species can be handled although I prefer and am happy just to observe not out of fear for myself but out of concern that the creature might injure itself. They are quite delicate.

Have a great wednesday!!
Enjoy!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It had to do with the one that touched me with it's leg while getting ready to take a shower. I do know that I'm not afraid of every spider. Just one particular spider (Recluse in black?)

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys are some brave souls. Pretty insects.

Last spring i had a ornamental baboon get out and it ran loose for a little over 12 weeks.. Want to know what is like with that paranoia? LEt me tell you...Its not the greatest feeling putting on your boots, putting on a shirt, pants, grabbing a towel out of the closet or even getting a plate from the cabinet. The day of reckoning came at a little after 5 in the morning my wife screaming my name. This woke me from my hibernation and i run into the back room. And there set this freaking huge baboon. When it got out it was not very big maybe 4 inches. Now the thng is pushing saucer plate size. Not going to lie rubbing the duct poop out of my eyes, my heart was POUNDING! Im not a huge fan of spiders but the wife is. So i know these things are aggressive, fast, will bite and let me say again FAST! Here i am with a clear shoe box tote. The spider is just above my head height on the wall. I make the move for it. The spider jumped at my face but luckily the tote was between me and the spider. Needless to say the tote slammed against the wall. Spider was captured and was called the turtle man by my wife. If she only knew i was screaming like a little scared kid inside..

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You guys are some brave souls. Pretty insects.

Last spring i had a ornamental baboon get out and it ran loose for a little over 12 weeks.. Want to know what is like with that paranoia? LEt me tell you...Its not the greatest feeling putting on your boots, putting on a shirt, pants, grabbing a towel out of the closet or even getting a plate from the cabinet. The day of reckoning came at a little after 5 in the morning my wife screaming my name. This woke me from my hibernation and i run into the back room. And there set this freaking huge baboon. When it got out it was not very big maybe 4 inches. Now the thng is pushing saucer plate size. Not going to lie rubbing the duct poop out of my eyes, my heart was POUNDING! Im not a huge fan of spiders but the wife is. So i know these things are aggressive, fast, will bite and let me say again FAST! Here i am with a clear shoe box tote. The spider is just above my head height on the wall. I make the move for it. The spider jumped at my face but luckily the tote was between me and the spider. Needless to say the tote slammed against the wall. Spider was captured and was called the turtle man by my wife. If she only knew i was screaming like a little scared kid inside..

BAwK BawK...Cluck cluck Cluck!!! LOL...Actually I have had a very similar experience several years back. It is a very humbling experience to have such a relatively small creature have the power to instill such fear and get your adrenaline pumping so very easily. I mean Im 6' 1'' tall and 245 lbs of Louisiana swamp raised Cajun who has swam with 12 foot gators and actually been bit by moccasins twice, the last one putting me in the hospital for 5 days...Have ridden 2000lb bulls and saddle broncs, have also driven 247 mph in a top fuel funny car called The Master Blaster. Have free climbed 1000+ foot cliffs and also blew out my left knee after a 200 foot fall and slamming back into one of those cliffs...I could name more crazy adrenaline rush things I have done in my lifetime too but understand that none are meant as boasts by any means. My point is that these little creatures along with their beauty have the exact same capability of flooding my system with the same same adrenaline and cold fear sweat as as any of the other "crazy" or 'brave" things I have every done but their is a difference. With them I fully understand the potential and now being older understand that the potential danger they pose demands and deserves true respect and unlike a lot of other times in my life when potential danger has been there now I gladly and freely give it the respect it deserves.

I look at these beauties the same as all of the beautiful creatures Kat and I are blessed to be given the privilege of being allowed to care for and love and in their own way each of them returns our taking proper care of them a thousand fold by sharing with us a glimpse into their worlds:) Me personally...I think any time another creature allows you a glimpse into their world and affords you that knowledge you have been granted a very beautiful gift!

Oh...Kat's newest 'Baby"...lol

Pandinus imperator....Emperor Scorpion....She's a real sweety and will snatch a cricket right from your finger:) And for those that are not familiar with this species they are much scarier looking than they really are. They are very docile, dont mind being handled, and although they have a huge stinger they rarely if ever use them but if you were unlucky and did take a hit the venom is no more toxic than an ordinary bee sting

Emperor12312012_zpsf582f229.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
Hey Brett!! How have you been?? Was wondering yesterday as I haven't seen you lately on BDF. Must be all those critters keeping you so busy!! How is Mungi doing?? My Spike is still sleeping....since the end of October. I hope when he wakes up he has a new attitude and eating habits!! :D

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Brett!! How have you been?? ........
Hey there PatB:) Always nice to know I have been missed and yes our "critter family" does indeed keep us quite busy with their care but it is purely a labor of love:)
Actually the reason I have been a bit scarce on here the past couple of weeks is that I had a major reconstruction surgery to rebuild my ankle the week before Christmas and am recuperating from that. The meds and pain killer dosages that they have me on although I am greatly thankful for have me knocked out or very loopy and unsure if I am awake or dreaming much of the time...lol...so I have been leery of posting for fear that I might sound a wacky at times :eek:
I have been "lurking" more of late on here though to keep up with things. And luckily I am blessed in that Kat has been taming excellent care of both me and our critters until I am mobile again and able to pick up my part fully again which will be about 6-7 more weeks per my doctor. Apparently once I am able to actually put weight on my ankle again they will have to " re-teach" me how to actually walk again :confused:
Mungi is doing wonderful and completely over his previous illness. I am giving full credit for his amazing turn around to Elliot at ChameleonsNorthwest.com and Reptaid.com for his amazing Reptaid product as well as his personal help and guidance using the product. It is truly an amazing product which has none of the risks or harsh side effects if the meds the vet put Mungi through and was also able to truly clear Mungi of both the coccidia outbreak and the URI he got after that where the vet meds had actually failed to do so. Mungi is healthier and more active now than we have ever seen him and at present 450+ grams with a voracious appetite to boot. I don't recommend products often but truly believe that the Reptaid should be in every dragon keepers care kit and can say that it will be my personal first go to before allowing a vet to dose with any more potentially harmful medications. I have also used it with similar amazing results with out iguana and leopard gecko. Great stuff and Elliot has proven that his passion for these creatures and their health and well-being is genuine. He is not in it for the money but truly cares about providing a safe and effective product that works!!
Am glad to hear that Spike is enjoying a really good snooze and will be willing to bet he will wake well rested and with a delightfully great Big Dragon outlook and attitude...a true happiness to look forward too,indeed!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Get well and rest that ankle because once you start therapy, you'll be in pain. :( I had elbow surgery for a radial dislocation I had as a child and they couldn't do anything with my elbow until two to three years ago. My elbow isn't the same. Weaker and more arthritic then before. And the bone-is loose. So that means they couldn't put pins or anything to fasten the elbow to the main bone. It goes out of place and sometimes I have to warm my entire arm up first before popping it back into place. Worse during the winter. And I noticed whenever I don't have calcium (Milk) I'm in more pain than I should be and I sleep with my arm in extension because I'm not able to bend it for long periods of time. (Locks up and I've got a good grip some of the time.)

Pat B

Super Moderator
@Buddah....good to hear you are on the mend. Listen to the Dr and your therapist. They know best and you are talking about your mobility!! Good thing Kat is a good caregiver. :D
@Noella....ouch!!

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was wondering where you were. Glad your back and i wish you a quick recovery on that ankle.

Tarantulas, snakes with venom or anything that can literally eat me...You can put feathers on me and heck ill even eat chicken seed. :D

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
OMG you are SO brave to have so many tarantulas in your house! I am absolutely TERRIFIED of all types of spiders, and will scream like a little girl if I see even a little one. Seeing pictures of yours made me cringe a little(no offense to you or your babies!) but if I ever saw a huge spider like that I'd have a heart attack! I am glad though that there are people in this world like you who will take them in and take care of them because as much as I hate spiders I wouldn't want to see one abandoned or not taken care of. ;)

spazz

Hatchling Dragon
Wow, that is quite a collection there. I love the rosies. Probably my favorite T. Nice Salmon Pink too. I can't wait for my little spiderling to get that big!

Latest posts