• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's Godzilla Run!!!!☺

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Are you looking to mate them? As soon as my boy Luci hit the one year mark his hormones went into overdrive. At 7 months I was still able to let Dexter play on the floor with him not noticing her. He turned one on the 1st and now when I put the two on the floor he lunges right for her!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are you looking to mate them? As soon as my boy Luci hit the one year mark his hormones went into overdrive. At 7 months I was still able to let Dexter play on the floor with him not noticing her. He turned one on the 1st and now when I put the two on the floor he lunges right for her!

Luci in the sky with diamonds. Someone's ready for some good ole time action. :)

Knuckles

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes and no on the mating I still need to get the bigger tank and even then I would likento get a female from a breeder if possible. But that doesnt answer the questions of him puffing up his chin/beard.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes and no on the mating I still need to get the bigger tank and even then I would likento get a female from a breeder if possible. But that doesnt answer the questions of him puffing up his chin/beard.

Is the beard completely black when it's puffed? Is he opening his mouth when the beard goes black? They will puff their beard up to stretch it out. Mine do it every morning when they wake up, they puff up their whole body for about 1/2 hour or so. When they do it, you notice the black because in stretching the beard you see more of the skin under the scales which is darker.

Knuckles

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys and gals hows it going been super busy and Godzilla is looking great on his 4th shed. So quick question now that Godzilla is getting to be a big boy I was wondering when is the earliest I can pout him in a cage with sand rough estimate is he was about six months old when I got him from petsmart its been about 3 months so would he be old enough or no.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
There is a big debate about sand. The rule of thumb always was once they are 15 inches or longer they can be put on sand. If they are very well hydrated sand shouldn't cause an impaction problem but there are other issues with sand that people don't think about. Sand harbors bacteria. They are going to poop in that sand and no matter how fast you scoop it out, you aren't going to get everything. My cats poop and pee in their litter boxes and we clean it 2 times a day, but I would never let them sleep in it. They are also going to eat salad in that tank, so there will be vegetable matter burried in to the sand. The other issue is sand particles getting in their eyes or their nose. Do a google search of sand getting into the nictitating membrane in the eye, it's not pretty.

I tried sand with Dexter when she was 15". I did it because I wanted something that looked pretty. She didn't really care much for it. Actually she spent most of her time on her hammocks and wouldn't step on the sand. I changed the sand out for repti carpet and she instantly came down and spent more time on the bottom. Recently I switched the carpet for unsealed ceramic tile and it was the best thing ever! Easy to clean and it files their nails.

Knuckles

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys its knuckles and your best friend Godzilla here coming at you with more news. So Godzilla is on his next shed abd with this shed I noticed something his back has become more defined and what I mean by that is like he has bumps. Think like pebble size bumps along his back does that mean anything? Still have no clue way he is but the red that's in his strips is becoming a little more defined which is looking wickedly awesome when I get a chance I will take pics for you guys.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Where along his back and any way you can get a photo?

Knuckles

Bearded Dragon Egg
20141217_154924.jpg
20141217_154959.jpg
1418856781406-575093947.jpg

Knuckles

Bearded Dragon Egg
As you can see they look like little bumps they don't look harmful just part of him like his stripping and stuff. So I was lokking inline and its usually advertised on here dubiaroaches.com I think it is I'm looking at getting him something more then crickets these are well priced and wouldn't mind having them shipped I live in utah and they want .30cents a cricket for freaking smalls size to thats little pricey for me this one site has 25 roaches for $6 that seems reasonable I just want something different cause it seems godzilla is not having it with the crickets as much. Any help or advice is welcome thanks guys and gals be safe

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The "bumps" are just his little scales nothing to worry about. It's good to offer him some variety as far as food goes. Dubia's are good, hornworms, supers, phoenix worms and night crawlers are good and easy to get. Buying in bulk online is way cheaper than buying in a store. I have my crickets in a 20 gallon breeder and my supers in a 10. Horn worms come in their own nice little container.

The best thing about buying in bulk is you can buy enough and if you take care of them you can maybe get through a few winter months. I've learned that when it gets below freezing, even pet stores don't get crickets in.

Latest posts