• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP PLEASE

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here is the only other picture I have loaded right now,I took some really adorable ones of him and the tree etc...........along with my 2(seperately of course) I will post some in pictures later.Gotta do supper hubby should be home soon.
068-2.jpg

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sara,
can you get me closeups of those front feet?

Candice....darlin can you enlarge them and clarify?

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I will try to get better close ups tomorrow,as TT and the rest of the clan have been snuggled in for the night. My camera isn't the best in the world and it seems like the closer I try to zoom,the blurrier it gets,even on the close up setting.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh, wow. That one front leg is pretty swollen. I'm still thinking gout, but I'm not a doc.

Is he still eating well?

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Looks like bone deformity to me and not gout, without hurting the little guy is thre a way of you checking whether or not that is bone or a muscular mass. Just feel the legs and gently squeeze/pinch/rub whatever won't hurt him to see if it is bone or not. The front left leg looks twisted and gout should not twist bone.

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I may be wrong,but the swelling looks a little better to me today. I have rubbed his legs and felt the swollen places,they don't seem to bother him. They are not warm to the touch either,they have a rather soft feel to them and "squish" if that makes sense. He is eating well(considering his condition),very active,playing in his bath,running around when I take him out of his tank,and seems very friendly in spite of the swelling.He snuggles my hands and has never tried to bite or anything like that.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
sara said:
I may be wrong,but the swelling looks a little better to me today. I have rubbed his legs and felt the swollen places,they don't seem to bother him. They are not warm to the touch either,they have a rather soft feel to them and "squish" if that makes sense. He is eating well(considering his condition),very active,playing in his bath,running around when I take him out of his tank,and seems very friendly in spite of the swelling.He snuggles my hands and has never tried to bite or anything like that.

If they are "squishy" then that's definitely not a bone deformity which is good, but it still doesn't tell us what they are. If the swelling is going down then you must be doing something right. It could be gout like the others say.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Squishy could indicate no digital bones present from the "wrist" down. But a simple manual palpitation of the digits should prove that either way.

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
TT is holding his own right now. He eats well and loves to take a bath and will drink from his bath water. It appears that the swelling in his front feet has gone down some,but his back legs are still swollen. I got some silver water and am going to see if that helps him. Will post more updates later.

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I went to get crickets this morning and found out that one of TT's siblings is now swelling up just like TT. His legs are starting to swell and the owner is taking her baby to the vet on Wednesday. SHe is going to call me and inform me of what the vet thinks is wrong and what I need to do to help TT more. When I get the information,I will post it here so that you all will have an update. (PLease forgive me for not doing this sooner but...........) Thanks so much for helping me try to help this little fella,he has alot of personality and seems to be doing well in spite of the swelling in his legs.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Interesting. Could be the results of over-breeding (so to speak). Keep us posted. We're all routing for the little guy.

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sad news....TT's sibling had to be put to sleep today.X-rays confirmed a major case of MBD,the added stress of being moved around to get to the vet brought on a heart attack.My friend opted to have him put to sleep instead of letting him suffer.
On the home front,TT has taken a turn for the worse.I have found him flipped onto his back twice and tonight I thought he was dead.My hubby suggested that I put him in his tank under the lights and see what happened,he kpt saying that TT was moving so I got up to go look.He lifted his head and looked at me.I snuggled him like always,and he snuggled me back. I am lookiing for the worst,but hoping for the best.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sara said:
Sad news....TT's sibling had to be put to sleep today.X-rays confirmed a major case of MBD,the added stress of being moved around to get to the vet brought on a heart attack.My friend opted to have him put to sleep instead of letting him suffer.
On the home front,TT has taken a turn for the worse.I have found him flipped onto his back twice and tonight I thought he was dead.My hubby suggested that I put him in his tank under the lights and see what happened,he kpt saying that TT was moving so I got up to go look.He lifted his head and looked at me.I snuggled him like always,and he snuggled me back. I am lookiing for the worst,but hoping for the best.

being on their back is not a natural movement and is a sign of being in severe pain. If his sibling was having the same issues and it was a result of severe MBD then i would guess that the same would hold true for this little guy. A good MVB and a liquid calcium supplement (as it is more readily processed through the body then the powder) will help a lot. I dont believe it is reversable but it is able to be stopped.

ChrisElmers

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's so terrible when animals become diseased with gout. I've read about the symptoms of this disease in this article - What are gout symptoms? What is gout? and discovered that it is very painful and difficult to treat for people. I can imagine how difficult it to treat in reptiles...

Latest posts