• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP PLEASE

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Got your hand warmers ready to go, Sara ?
Hope that you don't get snowed in... and baby tt gets stronger and stronger !
Janie

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Janie,I have heard 2 or 3 different amounts,so anywhere from 2 inches to 12 inches is what we are supposed to get. If it will just hold off until I can get to the grocery store I'll be ok.I was just giving TT his bath and he bent down and drank and drank. I am so glad for that I don't want him getting dehyrated.I went to town the other day and bought hand warmers,if the snow holds off I'm gonna pick up a couple of more packs of them today.Will keep everyone posted on my progress with TT.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Keep pushing the fluids... he sounds like he needs em...
Also, keep me posted on his limbs. I want to see if the swelling goes down.
Keep warm lovie !
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
See if you can locate some "silver water". that will purge any problems in the kidneys.
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
is this stuff used in reptiles often? i mean im trying to figure out how it is effective to feed a daron silver particles? whats it do for em? maybe i should start another thread

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
TT ate very well today and was very active!!! He snuggled my hand tonight before falling asleep in my hand.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent news again! Glad the little guy appears to be responding to your TLC.

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He went "swimming" in his bath this morning and is beginning to gain weight.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, isn't it amazing how these guys can thrive when they have the proper lighting, temps, and food! I'm interested to see how quickly he gains his weight and starts to grow.

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Dear Sara..I know how frustrating this is for you, believe me I do! But I think Tom hit the nail on the head (yet again) when he said possibly Gout. I did some research as requested and now I am sending you a site to read on gout in reptile. I can't rule out any of the symptoms just from the picture so it's best you read it and see if the sign apply to your little guy. Although the best way to tell is with an x-ray to see if he has any uric acid crystals formations. Gout is Kidney related of course so dietary adjustment are needed. Also, this might explain his being so tiny because kidney disease is a factor in growth. So read for yourself and, even if it does appear to be gout, don't let this site overwhelm you.. It's manageable! It sounds like he's going to be fine once his diet is improved as well as his living situation.
So there you have it. That's the best I can do but there are many people here with far more experience with reptiles. I'm really just a doggie nurse..LOL

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=17+1796&aid=2496

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
**Cough** I think the suggestion of gout came from another source. **Cough** ;D

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thanks for the vote of confidence but i think it was renee that suggested gout.
I didnt know a reptile could get gout to be honest.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No worries. I'm glad you were able to research it and provide the scientific view behind it.

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sara please note that the site refers to treatments of Gout being "Proper hydration is necessary and fluids may need to be administered. If arthritis from gout is severe" (except taken from the sites How to treat) So bath him often, kidney need to be well hydrated for proper function.

Latest posts