• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting new dragon on Wednesday ~ Mushu

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
Is baby spinach ok for them to have? I've read so many different things, what are the best fruit and veggies for them?
I'm pretty sure spinach is not very good for them. I couldn't get Khaleesi to eat ANY fruits or veggies, I literally bought everything that I read was safe for them to eat. As it turns out, she really likes collard greens, but only out of my hand. Which is fine with me as long as she's eating them! :p I also occasionally give bananas as treats and try to mix apples and butternut squash into their salads.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This one is Dexter's. She made it into her cave and spends more time under it than on it. I bought it at a reptile store here in the city. Luci's I ordered from Amazon, I should get it tomorrow. It said it was the same measurements so we will see.
View attachment 11728 View attachment 11729 I told her she had to model it for you!

I love the color too. Let me know if the Amazon one works out.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I love the color too. Let me know if the Amazon one works out.

I got it today! It was the same size as Dexer's. He sat on it for a few hours earlier and seemed to like it, then I took him out to play and now he's sitting on his hammock on the other side of the thank LOL! I also tried the steam cleaner on his tank. It helped get some stuck on stuff off but my machine is so cheap that the steam wasn't that hot.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I got it today! It was the same size as Dexer's. He sat on it for a few hours earlier and seemed to like it, then I took him out to play and now he's sitting on his hammock on the other side of the thank LOL! I also tried the steam cleaner on his tank. It helped get some stuck on stuff off but my machine is so cheap that the steam wasn't that hot.

Bummer on the steamer. Well its good to know it fit him. Maybe he will use it more. I am creating my shopping list to slowly collect the things I want. Are the hammocks hard to clean? Do your guys poo on it? What is the name of the ledge and size you purchased on Amazon? Thanks!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sometimes Luci poops on the hammock But it's plastic so you just scrub it with some water and a tooth brush. My only 2 problems with the Zoomed ones are the suction cups fail over time, I had to buy bigger ones at Menards. Also, the mesh around the suction cups starts to fray when the beardie gets heavier. I ended up sewing The suction cups on with plastic thread.

The ledge I got on Amazon is by MagNaturals. It's called MagNaturals Rock Ledge (Mojave, Large). The company is Pet-Tek it was $27.99 plus $6.94 shipping. They shipped it fast, I ordered Wednesday and got it Friday.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks I have them on my to buy list. I am still having trouble with the humidity so I think I will add a small water fountain to his enclosure so he can drink & add some humidity. It is very low staying at 15-24% I am worried about hydration & shedding problems. Does anyone have a fountain in their enclosure?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks I have them on my to buy list. I am still having trouble with the humidity so I think I will add a small water fountain to his enclosure so he can drink & add some humidity. It is very low staying at 15-24% I am worried about hydration & shedding problems. Does anyone have a fountain in their enclosure?

I thought about a small fountain too but they are so expensive and I don't know if it will work. Someone gave me a desktop LED fountain for Christmas and I thought about using that but not sure if the paint on it would be toxic. I have their water bowls in their tanks and a humidifier going right next to them and I can only get it up to about 20% on a good day.

I really can't wait for spring!

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I thought about a small fountain too but they are so expensive and I don't know if it will work. Someone gave me a desktop LED fountain for Christmas and I thought about using that but not sure if the paint on it would be toxic. I have their water bowls in their tanks and a humidifier going right next to them and I can only get it up to about 20% on a good day.

I really can't wait for spring!

They are expensive and the reviews are not great it seems like half of them the motor dies or it leaks :( so I keep going back and forth do I take a chance on one.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I do too! I read the reviews. I was at the petstore today and they had a small one for $30.. I was tempted but I've bought so many things that they didn't like or use.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
unnamed (1).jpg

Mushu's new water bowl came in today. I am sorry worried about hydration etc. so I hope this works and doesn't die on me. It didn't have the best reviews but took a chance as it was the cheapest choice in fountains & waterfalls. It is an Exo Terra Reptile fountain.So far he has just looked at it so hopefully it will raise the humidity and he will drink from it. The water runs down the rock to create moving water.Time will tell.
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0810.JPG

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's the perfect size, let me know how it works.

Latest posts