• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting A Baby Aussie Frilled (Sept/Oct)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craiger said:
That's awesome, Candice!

Would a frill be okay in an enclosure that's 6'x2'x2'? Are their humidity and feeding requirements similar to that of a bearded dragon?
6x2x2 is alright but if you could make it 3 instead of 2 on either the length or width it would be better. The min size for them is 4x3x2. Their care is pretty different to that of a beardie. Different humidity, temps, etc. The do eat the same bugs as beardies and require the same UVB but that's about it really. They are definitely great animals to keep.

Twobeardieguy said:
How did I miss this. Very pretty! ;D

Thanks Lance.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Craiger said:
That's awesome, Candice!

Would a frill be okay in an enclosure that's 6'x2'x2'? Are their humidity and feeding requirements similar to that of a bearded dragon?
6x2x2 is alright but if you could make it 3 instead of 2 on either the length or width it would be better. The min size for them is 4x3x2. Their care is pretty different to that of a beardie. Different humidity, temps, etc. The do eat the same bugs as beardies and require the same UVB but that's about it really. They are definitely great animals to keep.

Okay. Thanks Candice. I'm just thinking "down the road". I take it the 4' minimum requirement is in the height? I mean, since you specified either the length or width would need increased to 3 feet.

I know I'll need to replace Frodo someday....so trying to figure out what I would get to replace him. Figured I may as well start researching, now. With his enclosure being in the wall, modifying it's size would be quite difficult. I'll look for something else.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
whoot Candice! This is gonna be so exciting for you! I secretly can't wait. hehehehehe

BTW..............with the mom and dad.....................Do you get a Fluffy Moose? :eek:

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes Craiger, you want the height to be no less than 4 feet.

Haha Gina, good point. I fluffy moose seems like quite the combination lol

Latest posts