• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting A Baby Aussie Frilled (Sept/Oct)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My friend Chad is breeding his pride and joy Aussie Frilleds soon and I will be getting one from him when they are ready to go which is expected to be late Sept early Oct (right around my birthday). I have no doubts the babies will be drop dead gorgeous having seen the babies.

Mommy/Fluffy
frilledfluffy.jpg

fgf.jpg

Daddy/Moose
frilled.jpg

frilled1.jpg

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what a great birthday present that is going to be. They are going to be so pretty.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He lives out in sunny California so they get natural sunlight pretty much every day which I think is awesome. I know he's a good guy too because he is very into researching everything from his feeder insects to his own animals. I have no doubts that this baby will be an awesome specimen.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That is awesome news...yeah I have never seen a baby before !!

Cannot wait ! oh sorry...congrats ;D

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Congrats Candice, you know how to find me if you need any help. From the pics mom is QLD and dad is NT.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Francis! Me and Chad have been wondering about the localities of the two. Either way they are beautiful. I must admit. It's pretty difficult to tell between the two Aussie localities. What are the things to look for when distinguishing between the two? Telling and Aussie from a NG is pretty easy but that's about it.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
Thanks Francis! Me and Chad have been wondering about the localities of the two. Either way they are beautiful. I must admit. It's pretty difficult to tell between the two Aussie localities. What are the things to look for when distinguishing between the two? Telling and Aussie from a NG is pretty easy but that's about it.

Colouration is one indicator but not bullet proof NTs are dark QLD are ligher, NT males get the reddish frills, QLDs are yellowish orange. But that is only a speculation unless you pick them up from the place then locality by colouration is only 70% accurate at most.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry Candice I'm at work and can't access youtube. I go off the grid when I'm at home and don't have the net (by choice lol).

Got pics instead??

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Nth QLD Candice (my guess, as i am going by the flora and terra in the background, that's tussock grass only found in OZ and not PNG), me and the wife will be up there in late Oct having a walk about and a looksie, fingers crossed i get some pics of these guys for you.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome! I knew he was an Aussie just not sure of the locality thanks for clearing that up!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very nice looking parents. so what in about 2.5 years we will start seeing baby frillies from regal dragons

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Quite possibly but idk if I will be getting another female NG or a male Aussie. Frillies have been planned at regal dragons for a while. As well as beardies again but getting married and moving into a smaller place than what I lived in kinda put that on hold for a while. My hubby has been drivin me crazy about breeding again because he wants to play with all the little babies.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Quite possibly but idk if I will be getting another female NG or a male Aussie. Frillies have been planned at regal dragons for a while. As well as beardies again but getting married and moving into a smaller place than what I lived in kinda put that on hold for a while. My hubby has been drivin me crazy about breeding again because he wants to play with all the little babies.

I can always let yall baby sit some hatchlings for a few weeks (in a few months that is) lol

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Haha what I forgot to mention is that hubby tends to forget I'm a little busy being a housewife and trying to get my store up and running smoothly right now. As much as I would love to take you up on that offer Brian I must decline haha.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's awesome, Candice!

Would a frill be okay in an enclosure that's 6'x2'x2'? Are their humidity and feeding requirements similar to that of a bearded dragon?

Latest posts