• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Food Problems???????

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
its fine, yea she wasnt basking, she was laying on the sand basicly dragging herself around the sand she couldnt climb or anything.

Debz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
aw, sorry about your loss, do you mind me asking what uvb you had for her?

Debz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
the reason I was asking was my friends bearded dragon had parasites too and had quite a few trips to the vets, meds etc, but he is ok, he still has a certain parasite but they actually are doin him no harm (so the vet said) as long as he doesnt go near another dragon because they will catch it too.
just with yours not moving or climbing I was wondering if maybe she had mbd, some uvb have been reported no to be be beneficial to a dragon, I read up that coil ones can be very dangerous to a bearded dragon, and not many people know to have a uv light that stretches the full length of their viv and have it low enough so their dragon can get about 9inches of it and to also change it every 6 months even if it looks to be working ok.
Just with you havin another baby dragon didn't want the same happen to that one too.

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i have a coil one with her... that cant be true! my friend gave it to me he owns a store called lost world... after our loss he gave us lily for free and a coil lamp, shes gone a week with no problems... i hope that is a rumor.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Eric to your question yes she is moving, yes she does try to eat she or he does chase crickets and she or catches them and gobble them down, yes he or she is calm when i hold her or him
she or he looks almost asleep then she or him will open its eye look at me then closes them again

and im sorry for the lost of your dragon just read it on here

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
if its a girl... she could be going into her mode... its like hibernation, at the store theres been multiple people phoning and saying their dragon is going to sleep more often then now..
we know she "should" be healthy. my last one opened her eye to check on me and then closed it. hmm, i will get more info on this. are her/him legs getting thinner? or thicker? i would wait 1 week if she is the same reply back with her legs, if they got fatter its a she and shes going into her mode. if their thinner theres going to have to be a problem, if theres no diffrence from the last week it would be just normal.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
ok just had her for a week got it last sunday on the 7th still getting to know it they look the same to me i will keep a eye on it

Josh Ellis

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have had my bearded dragon for just over a month now and he has been eating fine he love crickets and hoppers. But for the past two days he has been hiding alot in his hinding place and not coming out. if he does come out he does not eat his hoppers. earlier he was under his rock so i put some Morio worms infront of it and he came out and ate them but then he went back to hide. so i put a hopper under there hoping he would eat it but he didnt he just stared at it then looked away.
Can someone plz reply

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I dont think its brumations its to young. Your bearded dragon may brumate every year, never at all, for long periods of time, or on and off through a season. Your beardie may brumate in the summer, winter, for a week, or for a month. Beardies under 1 year of age typically don't brumate, unless they were born very early in the year. Some are easy to awaken, others are near impossible. They may start to slow down and eat less and less, be less and less active, and defecate less and less until they go into full blown brumation.

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
josh ellis, when brett said that i think he was talking about bouncer36 lol...

and i dont think it would be likely for a 5month going into brumation :p

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Either or i don't believe they brumate at that age from experience but maybe others have witnessed this.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you tell us about your setup lights and such

Josh Ellis

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
he sometimes comes out in the morning but then if i feed him he doesnt chase the hoppers anymore he only gets them if they walk close to him on his backing spot

Latest posts