• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia Roaches For Sale!

Paarthurnax

Hatchling Dragon
ditto, my new colony is making baby roaches like crazy, bunches of 3/4 size nymphs. probably 100 micro babies scooting around the bin. So I am out of crickets and Jim the bug eater can chase down and eat an adult male and a large nymph twice a day.

SixofWandsTattoo

Hatchling Dragon
I'm super stoked to hear you guys' colonies are doing well!!!

Freck won't touch his food and half our tarantulas are about to molt, so they're not eating either.

In the meantime...25,000 DUBIAS AND COUNTING :confused::confused::confused:

Haven't quite figured out how to go about slowing their growth rate quite yet. I'll have to get back to you guys on that one. Lol!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Still have plenty of Dubia feeders if anyone wants them!
Izzy is eating up a storm she is eating me out of any juvi's I have extra :) she will eat the nymphs if she has to but she really wants the small to med juv and young adults :) she hates the adult males for some reason.

Would love to get some just not sure our temps here will allow, I may have to wait until we are out of this super cold snap..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Izzy is eating up a storm she is eating me out of any juvi's I have extra :) she will eat the nymphs if she has to but she really wants the small to med juv and young adults :) she hates the adult males for some reason.

Would love to get some just not sure our temps here will allow, I may have to wait until we are out of this super cold snap..
I've had to increase my temps so my nymphs in my feeder colony to grow faster..

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member

Try cutting the wings off the males first. There is supposedly no nutrition in the wings anyway.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try cutting the wings off the males first. There is supposedly no nutrition in the wings anyway.
I do cut the wings off and I also cut the back legs off to slow them down (they are crazy fast) and it keeps them in her feeding dish better/longer. Maybe she doesn't think they are juicy enough? lol

Paarthurnax

Hatchling Dragon
Jim eats the extra males with no problem. head 1st, tail 1st which is funny because the wings splay out and then all get crushed as it goes down. I use a big tweezer and he eats them off it. Yea them little bugs are quick and hide under the rock. so everything has to come out to retrieve it.

SIXSWANDSTATOO I may have to get a couple hundred nymphs or so when the weather warms up. I thought I was going to be able to maintain the numbers but Jim loves them roaches!!!!!! :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Same here once the weather warms up some for a period I will buy some from ya as well...

SixofWandsTattoo

Hatchling Dragon
Awesome guys! Good to hear! I'm drowning in roaches at the moment. Lol. Let me know and I'll be more than happy to send you guys whatever you need. Also, when it warms up I can charge $5 less for shipping since I won't have to add the heat packs. So we can save you some cash there.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome guys! Good to hear! I'm drowning in roaches at the moment. Lol. Let me know and I'll be more than happy to send you guys whatever you need. Also, when it warms up I can charge $5 less for shipping since I won't have to add the heat packs. So we can save you some cash there.
Well I won't be able to wait that long but I don't mind the $ for the heat packs it's gonna be awhile before it really warms up :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I need med roaches.........are you up to try and ship me some?? to hold at the post office?
I'm feeding from my breeding colony I'm careful on which ones I feed off but I'm having to feed off my females :(
help.....

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would like to do a BIG shout out to Brandon of sixofwandstattoo.... If you are ever in need of Dubia Roaches Brandon is the one to get in touch with!! This is the second time I've gotten Dubia's from him and the quality of roaches are great!! His #'s are generous, his "customer service" is great! and his prices are very reasonable!
Thank you for your thoughtful packaging given that it is Feb in Wisconsin and the temps have been cold both shipments and I've had only a few nymphs not make the trip :)

Many thanks to you Brandon!! Izzy is 1 very happy and full Dragon!

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
Brandon, you still looking to move some of your Dubia? I will be starting from scratch. What would you suggest as a starter set?

SixofWandsTattoo

Hatchling Dragon
Hello Tessa!

Yep, we have plenty of baby dubia for your Sosa!

I can put together a box of only smalls and have them to you in no time!

How many are you looking for?

-Brandon