• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another addition to my odd brood

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Re: Another addition to my odd brood (pics now added)

Thanks for the patience guys lol.

Here she is, my little bat eater. (plus a couple of Randoms)

P1000827.jpg

P1000830.jpg

P1000833.jpg

P1000835.jpg

I don't think anyone has actually seen my beardy either so here's my old boy
P1000823.jpg

Plus my little knob-tailed girl
P1000822.jpg

Cheers,

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
looks like she has a lot of "personality" lol
awesome pics man

She definitely wil stand up for herself ;). I'm hoping she learns to trust me over time before she gets bigger and can do some real damage lol.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She is CBB, it's just their nature they are actually one of the least favoured species for this reason here in OZ (small snake syndrome lol). They usually come down when older with proper handling and patience. She will strike when you are trying to get her out of her enclosure but once she is in my hands she usually comes down (as long as i don't put my hands in front of her face :mad:)

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks Lance,

I don't have a recent pic for the stumpytail. I might try and see if i could get pics of her on the weekend.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Francis, your new girl is beautiful! Gorgeous pattern! That 3rd pic of her looks like she's giving you some sassy attitude! Awesome! Love your boy too, and your little gecko with those gorgeous blue colors is a pretty little girl. Now, you said your new girl will strike, it she venomous at all? (sorry, I have little knowledge of snakes). I assume not. I'm sure she could give you a good bite if she chose too.
Thanks for sharing, you know how "patiently" we've been waiting to see her! LOL

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
DragonMom said:
Francis, your new girl is beautiful! Gorgeous pattern! That 3rd pic of her looks like she's giving you some sassy attitude! Awesome! Love your boy too, and your little gecko with those gorgeous blue colors is a pretty little girl. Now, you said your new girl will strike, it she venomous at all? (sorry, I have little knowledge of snakes). I assume not. I'm sure she could give you a good bite if she chose too.
Thanks for sharing, you know how "patiently" we've been waiting to see her! LOL

Thanks Sandie, The third pic was taken right before she actually tried to "tag" me lol. She is not venemous but you will know about it if she tags you ;). She will always without fail draw blood if she bites with those needle like teeth of hers (up to 100 teeth by the time she is fully grown) so I'm really hoping she calms down by them ;D.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
LOL! She did look like she was waiting for a chance to show you her teeth! I would think she could leave a nasty bite. She'll have quite the set of teeth as an adult! I hope too, for your sake, that she calms down as she ages, I'm sure you'll have some battle scars though by the time she is grown. That natural instinct has to be pretty awesome to observe up close though.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Somehow the pretty snakey eluded me. Very nice.
How easy is she to handle Francis?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Come on, Francis... we're on the edge of our seats waiting ! lol...
Janie

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
Come on, Francis... we're on the edge of our seats waiting ! lol...
Janie

??? ??? ??? for pics? Janie 2nd page of the thread lol.

ladyknite said:
Somehow the pretty snakey eluded me. Very nice.
How easy is she to handle Francis?

Not very easy to handle Gina, she is very "cage proud" (doesn't help that the enclosure is top opening lol) and will strike when i am trying to get her out. Fortunately she does settle when I do mange to get her out of her "click clack" (small plastic tub) that i am using as an enclosure for now. I am actually going to purchase a snake hook sometime next week to help me handle her when getting her out. She is very feisty and will not hesitate to strike out. She has had one feed in my care so I am happy about that, she took a FT fuzzy mice on the first go last Sunday. Time and patience i suppose will tell if me and her are going to bond. She has'nt tagged me yet (not for the lack of trying) fingers crossed. Hopefully she comes down before she is fully grown (4-5 feet).

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that's what I was waiting for, Francis... I saw those gorgeous pictures ! lol...
Janie..
I know... I'm confusing aren't I ! *grins*.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
different species of course........but I've had a few that were cage "protective" Their territory, do not enter so to speak. I made it a point to tame down the large pythons as babies, but the boas seem to have a different temperment at times. I found the hook a huge help. And i swear it's saved my hands, fingers and arms dozens of times.
Most of my snakes are head shy. And will calm quickly this way. I suggest a nice soft pair of biting handlers gloves. You won't need them long. Most usually give up on the attack when their target ceases to be rendered in shock. Again, different species, but as i venture into various species of non venomous snake, i find that many behaviorisms are not privey to any one class of snake, but more or less to all.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks so much for that Gina, I will definitely be getting the hook next week and I'll try and find some gloves as well. I have noticed with her that since i have a top opening cage she automatically feels threatened by something from above. She would wedge herself near her hide and assume the classic strike pose. I have started moving the hide out when i want to pick her up and after a few minutes she would some what relax a bit (guess she no longer thinks she's backed into a corner lol). She would then start to explore or move about which is my oppurtunity to pick her up from behind with little to minimal protest from her. I keep telling myself time and patience over and over again lol.

Latest posts