• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yellow liquid coming from scales

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, so I just noticed that there has been some liquid buildup in my beardies scales. A could days ago I noticed that some of her shed skin looked to be risen so I checked if she needed some help shedding because she’s old and has mbd, and when I lifted the shed skin a clear liquid came out but I just thought it was water cause I almost her daily when she sheds so I just thought some water got stuck under her shedding skin. Than today I misted her, rubbed some repti-shed all over her shedding areas cause it looks like she needs some extra help. Didn’t attempt to take any shed off at all and I put some flamazine cream on it to, just in case it was irritated. Next thing I know I check on her a couple hours later and there is a yellow liquid surrounding the area. I cleaned it up again and removed a little shed just to see where it was coming from. She doesn’t look in pain at all she’s acted normal all day and nothing else seems wrong. I just don’t know what to do and if I should put a little bit of betadine on it if it’s an infection. Second photo is after I cleaned it, it is very sensitive

Attachments

• 3641AF02-713E-4BF8-A4DD-189AA69019EE.jpeg
    3641AF02-713E-4BF8-A4DD-189AA69019EE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Are u sure it came from the scales and not her nose?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Are u sure it came from the scales and not her nose?
Yup I checked her nose and everything. No discharge is coming from it and it’s only on this side. I did just clean it with some diluted betadine and she’s with me right now so I’m watching her to see if it comes back. Do you think it could be pus

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Im trying to figure that out as much as you are, its very weird where it’s coming from, next time there’s some there get it on a napkin and spread it a little, how are her teeth ? I see her lips look a lil plump (but that could just be her mbd) And liquid does actually build up underneath shedding skin, thats what helps separates itself, think all body blister…

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Im trying to figure that out as much as you are, its very weird where it’s coming from, next time there’s some there get it on a napkin and spread it a little, how are her teeth ? I see her lips look a lil plump (but that could just be her mbd) And liquid does actually build up underneath shedding skin, thats what helps separates itself, think all body blister…
Just checked her teeth and they’re very healthy. No discolouring or anything. And which part of her lips look plump, cause she’s kinda always had plumpish lips :)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Just checked her teeth and they’re very healthy. No discolouring or anything. And which part of her lips look plump, cause she’s kinda always had plumpish lips :)
Thats good at least, it must just be the way her lips are, idk what to say, i just hope its not what we think it is.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did you pull any of the skin off and irritate it? Shed ease does not help w/ this type of thing -- try some raw unpasteurized honey on it and see if that starts to heal it up

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hows she doing today? Did any of it resurface? :(
Hi skybug thank you so much for worrying. She is doing much better, I’ve been cleaning it with diluted betadine and putting honey on it daily and it’s almost fully cleared up. Her skin is still a little bit sensitive but again less than it was before. She has wonky nails and toes from her mbd and maybe she scratched some of the shed off herself causing a minor infection maybe *shrugs*

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hi skybug thank you so much for worrying. She is doing much better, I’ve been cleaning it with diluted betadine and putting honey on it daily and it’s almost fully cleared up. Her skin is still a little bit sensitive but again less than it was before. She has wonky nails and toes from her mbd and maybe she scratched some of the shed off herself causing a minor infection maybe *shrugs*
At least shes got you taking care of her, you seem very logical with her care, ive heard of people putting lamisil on bearded dragons as its used for fungi on nails, maybe that might do some good ? Let us know hows she’s doing and if anything changes…

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
At least shes got you taking care of her, you seem very logical with her care, ive heard of people putting lamisil on bearded dragons as its used for fungi on nails, maybe that might do some good ? Let us know hows she’s doing and if anything changes…
I will also quick question can beardies get blood blisters?

Latest posts