• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

YAY...camera works

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jordan washed it in the dogs water bowl last week. I let in dry out and today I put some batteries in it and to my shock it worked!!!!! I think the only thing that saved it was that there were no batteries in it at the time of its bath so there was no power going to it anywhere.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yey !!!

My cellphone got washed once too, left it in a drawer for a month and tried it . . . .It worked.
Also read if you open it up and put it in the warm drawer of the oven it dries out quicker.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
JustaV said:
I've put it ina bag of rice and it worked :)

Was JUST going to suggest that. My daughter, Kirsten, dropped her phone in some water, once, and after an overnight submersion in a sealed rice-filled container, it worked just fine.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Those silicone packets that come in shoes work well too. I had to use it on my original Gameboy system that was submerged under a foot of water when my hot water heater broke. Still works to this day!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Those silicone packets that come in shoes work well too. I had to use it on my original Gameboy system that was submerged under a foot of water when my hot water heater broke. Still works to this day!

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess anything that naturally absorbs moisture would work.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have done the rice thing many times on my phones and it does work good.

Latest posts