• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

wth?!?!?!

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I was doing some room cleaning today, and I came across my Sunglasses case, I opened it up to see which sunglasses were in it, and surprise!!! Somehow, a superworm got in there, and was halfway to beetle stage!! It looked like something out of a horror movie. Scared the hell out of me, my gf, and my sister. I'm nervous now to see where else there would be one, I didn't even know any got out.... Ugh. :-\

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hahahahaha im to scared to move and clean up in some areas ! seen so many lil nija crix walking around at night hahaha

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is exactly what prevents me from breeding superworms. They scare the ever living poo outta me once they start to morph and I HATE the beetles. I'll take roaches over them any day

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, this happened to me too. Fed my guy supers, one escaped under the carpet in his viv. Went to clean the tank afew weeks later and found it in white pupa stage - fed it to my dragon just the same. He eat it in a blink, smiled and looked at me for more. No biggie dude - things happen, just put on your big girl shoes and deal......still you're kinda right though, it is sorta gross.....in a cool way ;D

I will say this, I'd much rather keep supers than roaches!.....I don't care how much dragons love roaches, I can't get past how grossed out I am by the tought of having roaches in my room at nite (in a container or NOT)!!!!

Glad you found your case for your sunnies.

Cheers

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Certain roach species don't creep me out (I love banana roaches). I would rather just buy the superworms in bulk and feed them. The worms don't bother me too much but anything past the worm stage I get goosebumps. I'm a woman so I guess I can use that as my excuse for finding them creepy

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm a mom of 3 boys. I've handled everything from broken bones, bloody faces, fingernails torn off, spiders & snakes in my clothes, worms in their beds, hampsters in their jean pockets, frogs in their lunch boxes (at school no less!!), poison evy in places the sun don't shine, not to mention every conceivable liquid possible (pet liquid included) on my floors in just about every room in my house. I've had every bug, bird, bat, lizard and hairy thing drug into my kitchen for doctoring you can think of. I've been draged into the woods to "help" something stuck, howlering or helpless you can imagine. I've had pinkie mice handed to me in a knit hat AT CHURCH and I've had an injured woodpeckers flying around in my car....while I'm driving...on the highway!

I've handled emergencies that would make most mothers run for the hills; we come from a live stock farming family, so honey, there isn't much this girl hasn't seen. But girl friend, I draw the line at roaches! Not in my younger days, not now, nor in the future will I ever have roaches (let alone keep roaches) in my house - no thank you sister!

You're a tuffer cookie than I - hats off ;D

Cheers

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Haha I'm only tougher in certain aspects. Lobster roaches and hissers make me wanna cry like a lil girl but I was ok with Turks and even dubia to an extent.

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
pls. excuse my words, somethimes I get scrambled up - English is not my 1st language even though I've been in US a long time. When I get silly, I sometimes forget English grammer and spelling; I can revert to the way my kids do it on text too easily I guess - ha! Anyhoo, funny story, no?......yes, she is sad but true! Many more, some better - one day I'll write them down.

Bottom line though, you r right, superworms, crix, roaches, etc. are all disgusting to raise, breed, have, keep, house, etc.....in any stage!

Latest posts