• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Won't poop.

acethedragonguy

Juvenile Dragon
My dragon got suddenly really active and won't poop. It's been week(s). And she got weirdly active and it's kinda creeping me out because I've had her for months and she doesnt really like to move just sleep and bask sleep and bask. She only moves a lot on walks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My dragon got suddenly really active and won't poop. It's been week(s). And she got weirdly active and it's kinda creeping me out because I've had her for months and she doesnt really like to move just sleep and bask sleep and bask. She only moves a lot on walks.
We have gone over the basking temps and UVB correct? I dont want to ask again if we have already gone over it--- what are you feeding and is she hydrated ? They must be kept hydrated to keep things moving-- how old is the dragon? If a baby they should be pooping about every day --- does she seem impacted? How big are the insects your feeding---? Nothing bigger than the space between the eyes length wise -- the temps and UVB must be correct for digestion to take place ---- if the dragon is over a year old it is not uncommon for them to not poop for weeks on end - my two older ones 2 and 3 dont poop but every 3 weeks or so -- sometimes a month

acethedragonguy

Juvenile Dragon
We have gone over the basking temps and UVB correct? I dont want to ask again if we have already gone over it--- what are you feeding and is she hydrated ? They must be kept hydrated to keep things moving-- how old is the dragon? If a baby they should be pooping about every day --- does she seem impacted? How big are the insects your feeding---? Nothing bigger than the space between the eyes length wise -- the temps and UVB must be correct for digestion to take place ---- if the dragon is over a year old it is not uncommon for them to not poop for weeks on end - my two older ones 2 and 3 dont poop but every 3 weeks or so -- sometimes a month
She is hydrated, 8 years old, and alright. She pooped like two weeks ago so she probably will soon then? The insects are smaller, yes.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is hydrated, 8 years old, and alright. She pooped like two weeks ago so she probably will soon then? The insects are smaller, yes.
Her lighting being correct she should poop- you can always feed her some fiber like shredded raw sweet potato or some canned pumpkin plain they like pumpkin that will make her poop

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
I have also done pedialyte baths for my bearded and added a little to her water. Baths and belly rubs really help. Take her walking outside in the sun. IDK if the running feet would work. You do little bicycle circles with their legs it helps babies poop :) Im sure it couldnt hurt.

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
I don't know if it's because mine is about 1 1/2 months to 2 months old but everytime I put her in her bath she poops almost immediately. Then I have to dump the water, clean the container, and put fresh water back in. Are you regularly doing baths? Just basing this off of what I've witnessed but it might help.

DragonM0M

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't know if it's because mine is about 1 1/2 months to 2 months old but everytime I put her in her bath she poops almost immediately. Then I have to dump the water, clean the container, and put fresh water back in. Are you regularly doing baths? Just basing this off of what I've witnessed but it might help.
It's normal for dragons to poop while in the bath! Often time warm baths can be used to promote a bowel movement. :)

Latest posts