• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wish i was in a temp controlled enviroment..

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
we all make sure that our lizards are nice and cosy. Well, what about me??
It was like 90F here yesterday. Absolutely gorguz.. T's and skirts come out and the trackies and jumpers were put aside. I got some gardening done and Yoda had a wonderful time basking in the natural sun.. Hence.. today, l had planed on doing much of the same, except mother nature decided she had a different idea. Like i said it was 90f yesterday.... golly gosh.. it's barely 52F right now. No wonder our poor little reptiles don't know whether to come out from their long sleep or to hide away for longer.
Am in Australia and it's supposed to be spring...

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would love to just have my own heated corner!! I'm in Canada and mother nature is trying to wrap her icy claws of Winter around us!!
just for the record; i am one of those people who probably shouldn't be in Canada as I hate winter driving, not fond of snow in general, and I HATE the cold,cold weather we get!
lol, but hey, I am an Alberta Girl so I am preparing for it as fast as I can!!

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You know, we have a hot summer December thru Feb.. So we have a hot sweaty Christmas.. Just once i'd love to experience a white christmas. I like the cold more than the hot.. you can always add clothing but there is only so much you can take off..:)

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Amen. When ever i go south everyone ask how i can live in such a cold state and thats exactly what i tell them. Anything above 75 and im sweating id much rather it cool out.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i wouldn't mind it so much if it was a constant.... meaning if it went up and down on a slow and steady level instead of this huge change

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I wouldnt mind a bit of heat - I live in Scotland and this summer has to be one of our coldest & wettest yet. We has some nice days end of May beginning of June then the schoold finished up for the summer break & so did our Summer weather. I dont usually need to put my heating on until middle to end of October - it's been on for about 3 weeks already!! If the weather reports are anything to go by too it going to be a long cold winter :(

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You know, we have a hot summer December thru Feb.. So we have a hot sweaty Christmas.. Just once i'd love to experience a white christmas. I like the cold more than the hot.. you can always add clothing but there is only so much you can take off..:)
haha! you say that now, but trust me; some days you can only put on so many layers!! For me, I am most comfortable on our hottest days of summer...which for my liking is only about a week out of the year.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
christmas here is either stinking bloody hot - we normally do the whole roast lamb, pork, turkey, roast veg you know all the trimmings. Like l said it's either really hot or really hot and raining..

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think I am the only one that would truly enjoy that christmas! All my life has been a white christmas and cold.
I suppose this is a case where "the grass is greener on the other side" lol, except for you its " christmas is whiter on the other side"!

I just hope and pray that we have a safe winter, with not too many blizzards and storms! I am the worrier in the family and I have too many friends and family (self included) that have to drive out of town for work!

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
haha where ever we live sounds like we are not happy. as Dragonsx6 says its not to warm atm. We are in sept and one day its warm next its cold. Our poor dragons are really not sure whats going on. In the winter i wished iwas about 2ft so i could get in the tank with them lol and we would have enough room to snuggle up. As for white christmas well we nearly got one last yr it snowed about a week b4 xmas but all cleared up and was sunny ( not warm) but sunny on xmas day!
Lat time i remember having snow ( the real stuff not a small amount) was when i was about 4 ( around '66)
LOL--I will trade homes with anyone who lives in a WARM location for Christmas!! I don't ever remember Not having a white Christmas!! Snow usually starts here by-if not before-Halloween and lasts until April. We have been known to get blizzards~I am talking 5 and 6 foot snow drifts or higher~ in the mid to end of May!!!

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
well you wont want to come here then! Ive got a cousin that lives in canada and he says its cold, i also remember a friend who had family and said in the winter the bottom of their home could not be seen due to heavy snow so they had to live in the upper part of the house. now to us that snow sounds wonderful BUT we woudlnt wanna live with it permanently. In this part of the UK we dont get it heavy that often but because it doesnt happen that often its probably worse. They dont grit the side roads which means the snow turns to ice and is dangerous - great if you live on a mian road. where dragonsx6 lives im sure its far worse. Thankfully in my part of the country we dont suffer with much when it comes to weather. we dont have the heavy snow,floods,winds etc.
I have to admit Lizardlover that where I am in Scotland I am pretty lucky where the weather is concerned. The village I live in is in a valley below the Ochil Hills and they seem to protect us pretty well from the majority of it. Where other areas in Scotland can have very bad bouts of snow, even only a few miles away, we can be totally clear. My daughter was 2 when we had a bout of snow that she could play in then the next time was 2010/11 when she was 11/12 years old so it's still a real novelty for her. The worst we have had in recent years was in february this year. Our schools were closed, shopfs couldnt get deliveries, people I know were stuck in their cars on motorways - luckily everyone was ok tho. Keeping everything crossed we dont get the same again this winter :/

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
haha where ever we live sounds like we are not happy. as Dragonsx6 says its not to warm atm. We are in sept and one day its warm next its cold. Our poor dragons are really not sure whats going on. In the winter i wished iwas about 2ft so i could get in the tank with them lol and we would have enough room to snuggle up. As for white christmas well we nearly got one last yr it snowed about a week b4 xmas but all cleared up and was sunny ( not warm) but sunny on xmas day!
Lat time i remember having snow ( the real stuff not a small amount) was when i was about 4 ( around '66)

Oh no, no .. i'm happy where i live.. just the thought of a white christmas excites me.. like said above, grass is always greener..
It's just the massive change it temp l hate.. yesterdays high was 84.. day before was 54.. kids keep getting sick because they are hot one minute and cold the next

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh no, no .. i'm happy where i live.. just the thought of a white christmas excites me.. like said above, grass is always greener..
It's just the massive change it temp l hate.. yesterdays high was 84.. day before was 54.. kids keep getting sick because they are hot one minute and cold the next
i agree, its the massive changes that are the worst to deal with! it's hard on all bodies; people, pets and livestock!
but yes, a white christmas is nice! I will take some nice winter wonderland pictures this year; just for you guys! honestly, i never have taken pics of the snow and such before; I think I took it for granted that we have so much snow for so much of the year!!

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I Love where I live and would never move anywhere else. Yes we ;ike to moan and groan about the weather, it's either too hot, too cold, to wet, etc but Scotland is and always has been home :)

Latest posts