• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Winnie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We had a very difficult decision to make today. Our 14 year old dog took a turn for the worse this past Sunday. When we got home, she could not get up. We don't know how long she was stuck in that position. She has had arthritis in her hips for a number of years. She hasn't been able to get up on her own since Sunday. She rested all day Monday and seemed to be doing better.

But Monday night she did bad again. We discussed it with our vet (I've known him for 38 years!). He is trusted, honest and has the animal's best interest at heart. As much as I am against taking a life, we had to let Winnie go today. She is missed.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee

I am so sorry about your loss. It was a hard and devastating decision i am certain. But she is better now. No pain just peace. She knows how much you loved her and i am certain she is watching over you. Both myself and my wife wish you the best and send our deepest sympathy.

Brian

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

You are in our thoughts....

Laurie

chucks parents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You are in our thoughts and prayers. We have ourselves had a very similar experience and you have our deepest sympathies. I'm sure Winnie is in a better way and she is free to be by your side watch over you always now.

Hang in there,
Chuck's parents

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks, Everyone. Laurie, that is a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts