• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why is she puffing up?

LCfrogs

Hatchling Dragon
Why is my 2 month old puffing up for the first time since I got her? She's normally so chill. The puffing up makes me jump a little if she's on my chest. It kinda freaks me out I guess. I'm not doing anything different. I fed her wondering if she was just cranky from being hungry, and she did eat well. But then I put her back on my chest and she puffed up again! Doesn't hurt or anything, just really startles me. Why is she puffing up for no apparent reason? Do they randomly puff up when they're getting ready to shed?

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
It could be because of shed but usually it's due to them wanting to stretch their beard, they can't puff out their beards the first few months of their lives so that's probably why she's doing it randomly and so young

Dragnmum

Hatchling Dragon
Mine did that too when about 3 months old. I think he just figured out that he could do it so he did it a lot. Even when he was alone. Lol
Don't freak out! He/she will learn that you're scared of the beard ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LCfrogs

Hatchling Dragon
Mine did that too when about 3 months old. I think he just figured out that he could do it so he did it a lot. Even when he was alone. Lol
Don't freak out! He/she will learn that you're scared of the beard ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured that! That's why when she puffed out, despite my flight or fight response in high gear, I decided to stroke her head and back to show I wasn't scared. I'll be sure to keep doing that. It is freaky though!

Latest posts