• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

White spots on scales?

alex93

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,

I have a nine year old bearded dragon (Darwin) who, about a year ago, had a respiratory infection. He was prescribed multiple antibiotics, some of which I had to inject. Following his first shed after having this infection, he has had several white spots on his scales, all of which are in the places where I injected his antibiotics. I have attached photos of these spots. Has anyone seen anything like this? What could be causing these spots?

Attachments

• IMG_2644.jpg
    IMG_2644.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2645.jpg
    IMG_2645.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 24

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone,

I have a nine year old bearded dragon (Darwin) who, about a year ago, had a respiratory infection. He was prescribed multiple antibiotics, some of which I had to inject. Following his first shed after having this infection, he has had several white spots on his scales, all of which are in the places where I injected his antibiotics. I have attached photos of these spots. Has anyone seen anything like this? What could be causing these spots?
I had some one look at your dragon and this is what they have said

I've never seen that before, it looks like the injections severely irritated or even burned those areas. It could be that just like humans can be allergic to certain medications, this poor beardie was . He probably shouldn't have any type of injection of any sort again. How is he acting otherwise ?

alex93

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had some one look at your dragon and this is what they have said

I've never seen that before, it looks like the injections severely irritated or even burned those areas. It could be that just like humans can be allergic to certain medications, this poor beardie was . He probably shouldn't have any type of injection of any sort again. How is he acting otherwise ?
Thank you so much for your response! I looked up burn marks on bearded dragons and can see that this is definitely what caused the spots. I will be sure to avoid giving him any more injections. Thank you again for your help.

Latest posts