• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's Your Favorite Reptile Products?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are some reptile products that you guys wish to see in stores (online or physical) more often? What do you think are popular reptile products? Which ones would you recommend to people? They don't have to be Bearded Dragon or even Lizard specific but I would like your input please.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A wider variety of feeders!
most places only have crix, waxes, supers and mealies. In small cups no doubt.
When I buy bugs, I buy them in the thousands. If stores would carry or at least offer this, they'ld stand to make some money as well.
Roaches, silks, horns would also be nice.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the input Gina! Any preferred products as far as supplies too? Or just live feeders?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm really not much to care for "products". I tend to go with the "all natural" thing.
I did have a site where this guy made some awesome gecko hides. Very natural looking. But I think he went out of business.

Oh rep cal calcium and herptivite is hard to find around here. They carry that T Rex junk

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
RepCal without the D3. At PetSmart here they have the D3 and the Herptivite but none without vitamin D3.

Also, water crystals. Not the 'cricket drink' blue crap but the plain water crystals you can do yourself. And, like Gina said, more variety of feeders.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Play along here too. ;)

NEC T10 fluoro tube Blacklights
Locust (all differing sizes)
Accurate literature on Reptile husbandry (to date I personally only trust 1)

The one thing I want to see more physically/stocked in reptile stores is EDUCATED STAFF. You get a whole heap of them in the store then everything else will fall into place.

Products I trust
Vetafarm calcium+vitamis
NEC T10
Aussie sun MVB
F10 (veterinary grade cleaner)

That's all i really use for products the rest of my set ups are natural.

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Red Ink AUS said:
The one thing I want to see more physically/stocked in reptile stores is EDUCATED STAFF. You get a whole heap of them in the store then everything else will fall into place.

It's not about education... at least not here in the states. Big corporations like PetCo and PetSmart run their reptiles on the same set up (all across the board no matter what type of reptile they are) and they do the bare minimum, if that. My ex-husband used to be a manager at PetSmart, and I believe Candice worked for them as well. They don't care... pretty much, if you want knowledgeable staff (at least here) you have to go to a private reptile shop.

Latest posts