• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's next

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
G'aday mates,

What's the next reptile aquisition (not a wish list) to be joining your reptile family?

How long till you get it?
Why this one?
What do you know about it?
What are you planning to house it in?
Where are you getting it from?

Cheers,

Red Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well, I started with one bearded dragon and planned on staying that way...The breader I got mine from was either really un-informed or just dumb (to be nice) and he needed to get rid of three more... So as of yesterday morning, I now have 4 bearded dragons! For now they are in 40g tanks (with books and binders between them so they can't see each other), but I plan on building stakable enclosures very soon.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How long till you get it? tomorrow
Why this one? I want an adult BD and he comes with a full set up and the most I will have to buy for him is a new UV bulb and change his substrate to paper towel.
What do you know about it? He is 5 years old
What are you planning to house it in? 40 gallon breeder
Where are you getting it from? A woman is selling him, found on craigslist

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im going to get into aqua and Yellowhead Collared lizards.
Probably in the 6 month time frame.
Im looking to Grow TND and since everyone and thier mothers have geckos Im trying a diff direction, thier care is very simular to a beardie.
I know im still making sure I know about them...lol
Im getting 1 or 2 from a breeder and maybe 1 or 2 from a friend.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll... Maybe dart frogs ? Perhaps ?
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im still wanting to get into dwarf monitors and have lots of info on them but that plan may have to be put on hold for a few years due to moving around and what not lol.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm looking for more female leos to so I will have a group of them. And I will be babysitting my hubby's bosses dragon for a couple of weeks while he's on vacation. He's dropping him off tomorrow.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What's the next reptile acquisition to be joining your reptile family? Possibly a Russian Tortoise

How long till you get it? A year or so or at least until we get the 2 bedroom apartment

Why this one? I would like to eventually do presentations with reptiles and would like different varieties of reptiles to show people/children. It also has a very similar diet to the iguana and my beardie's veggie portion of their diet.

What do you know about it? All of the basic care as I have been researching them for several months so far and have worked with them in the past.

What are you planning to house it in? An open air pen since glass aquariums aren't the best for them

Where are you getting it from? A reputable breeder. If I cannot find a CBB I refuse to buy and then I will get the reptile listed below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the next reptile acquisition to be joining your reptile family? Eastern garter snake

How long till you get it? at least 1 year

Why this one? Relatively small and pretty snake. Can use the fuzzies/hoppers (and eventually mice) that the Frilled Dragon eats.

What do you know about it? Temperatures, diet, size, the basics. Still not done researching though

What are you planning to house it in? A custom wooden enclosure.

Where are you getting it from? Reputable breeder. One of my youtube subscribers is breeding his so I was thinking about purchasing from him.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Francis.. gotta have projects... it's the living will ! lol
Janie

I have projects....they're just not reptile-related. And if they were, I'd probably be single right now. LOL!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok looks like I need to update my "What's Next" reptile. In September/October I will be receiving a baby Aussie Frilled. A great person I know is breeding his once and wants to give me a baby.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol you bet! it was only under the condition that i spoil her rotten and post pictures that i can get her...i will probably pick her up on my trip to cali so i can make sure she doesnt get tossed around in the mail

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The spoiling is a given... looks like you'll be creating a new enclosure doesn't it ? ;)
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm thinking of building an enclosure double the length and width of Frank's current and putting a center divider in it. So it would be about 6ft tall x 4ft wide x 5ft long.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes but with the separator in the middle. Technically it will be one unit but divided into 2 which is like 2 of Frank's current cage. They say a pair can peacefully co-exist in one enclosure if provided enough space but I'm not sure if I would do that or not. I would have to watch the female's personality as she grew up. Frank is a very relaxed lizard who doesn't have a dominant bone in his body even when faced with other frilled dragons/lizards. Who's to say about the baby when she's grown. Sometimes us women are more aggressive than the men.

Latest posts