• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's For Dinner?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wanting to try something different for dinner today, I decided to make stuffed cabbage with a twist, here is my culinary masterpiece! Stuffed green cabbage w/ white sauce! (Will share recipe for those who want)

cabbage.jpg

i wish there was a drooling smiley face on here lol

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its ground beef, salt, pepper, uncooked rice, and italian seasoning for the meat. The white sauce is garlic, sour cream, buttermilk, salt and pepper.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... substitute venison for ground beef, and I think this is a winner, Candice...

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Always worth a shot Janie! I'm not one for venison but for someone who is I bet it will taste good.

Ingredients:
1 head of green cabbage
1 can of tomato juice/sauce

Filling
1lb ground beef
1 finely chopped or grated onion
3/4 cup of long grain uncooked rice
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon italian seasoning

Gravy
1 teaspoon salt
1-2 teaspoons pepper
16 oz sour cream
12 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup buttermilk (optional)

Preparation:

Mix together in a bowl ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and rice.

In food processor add garlic. When garlic is finely chopped (almost puree) mix in the sour cream, salt, pepper, and buttermilk (optional) and blend until creamy.

Take the head of cabbage and rinse off well and place into water to boil. When the cabbage is translucent in color it is time to rip off the leaves.

Take the meat mixture and make balls of it and place into one end of cabbage leaf and roll it tightly.

Take a large shallow saucepan and layer the bottom of it with the tomato juice/sauce. Place the stuffed cabbage leave into the saucepan and pour the remaining tomato juice/sauce over it. Place on low heat to thoroughly cook without it burning.

When the meat is fully cooked place it on a plate, pour some white gravy on it and enjoy the noms!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I see wild long grain rice... and instead of tomato sauce.. green or red chillies... ummmmmmmmmmmmm nom nom nom...
I wonder if shallots instead of the onions... naaaaaaaaaaaaa bring it on ! Got my napkin tucked into my collar... Plate ready and waiting.. lol...

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We did something we never do...we went to Wendys, lol. Had carpet put in today in hallway and stairs (btw, looks awesome). With all the rucus i forgot to cook, lol. I never do that.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
MMMMMMMM.....NUM NUM......

I would love this, venison or ground meat but my husband would not touch it with a 10 foot ploe He is so picky....

I am eating a baked potaote with some pork all mashed together. Leftovers from dinner with Sarah yesterday. I have been husbandless since Friday. Coming home tonight. : )

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lisa.. you poor girl ! Wendy's .. blah...
So other than kicking your heels up for dinner with Sarah... whaddidya do, Vesta ? ;)

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Friday night I made spaghetti and pork chops for everyone just before Mike and my son left for New York.

Saturday Sarah and I hung out here all morning then did a little shopping came home and watch TV on the computer and rubber stamped and made cards all night.

Sunday went to church in the AM and then went on a 6 mile hike with Schelly, Sarah and the kids. Then Sarah went home and I was ALLLLLL alone. : (

Today I have done nothing but run an errand and run the sweeper. It's overcast and a little colder so even my Beadies are to bed early. He'll be home tonight and then the fun begins again. LOL

I know..I know...We live such exciting lives. :D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Want a comparison ?
Friday.. went to work 8-4, came home, collapsed after tending dragons, geckos and menfolks.
Saturday... went to work 8-4, came home, collapsed after tending dragons, geckos and menfolks..
Sunday.. went to work 8-4, cut the "fire outta my thumb' worked with that for 5 hours, went to er, got shot up, stitched up, and back to work with paperwork, went home.. son bought pizza ate, collapsed...
Monday... up @ 4ish.. went to work around 6:30 to see if I had to take the whole time off the ER doc suggested.7ish on the phone with someone special, who fussed at me for an hour or so...Off the phone 8:30, fed dogs, fixed salads for the dragons, walked dogs...1ish ran to get finger cots for stitched thumb ( too small most of em, figures) then to the drug test (I'll pass with flying colors), back home just in time to go and fetch son from school... get home.. on the phone with you know who again... and finally.. here I am..
So.. who has the better life, there Lady ? lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yeah... for got to mention.. hot flashes running the whole time..Pardon the hi jacking, Candice ;)

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know Janie. I got it made in the shade but still manage to have my moments of discontent. But this is just a loll between the storms. I will suddenly find myself outrageously busy with NO warning. I am learning to enjoy these times with NO quilt because it can change without notice.

And "YES" we did shamelessly highjack this thread.

Handing it back......

Latest posts