• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What Morph is my Girl? (updated)

Cosellius

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm looking into breeding this lady once she's old enough, what is her morph? I'm thinking hypo leatherback, but it looks like there's more to her.
Snapchat-1548073053.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230920_153230.jpg
    IMG_20230920_153230.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27

xp29

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is leatherback for sure, she does look to be hypo also but i can't see all the nails. If they are all clear then yes hypo. If even 1 has the dark line then she isn't hypo. She also look like maybe she is a blue bar, but would need to see her fired up to say for sure. Any other trsits are going to be het, and the only wayvto ptovecthem out is by breeding her to dragons with confirmed traits.
She is very pretty btw the hypo and leatherback combo produces very brightly colored dragons.

Cosellius

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is leatherback for sure, she does look to be hypo also but i can't see all the nails. If they are all clear then yes hypo. If even 1 has the dark line then she isn't hypo. She also look like maybe she is a blue bar, but would need to see her fired up to say for sure. Any other trsits are going to be het, and the only wayvto ptovecthem out is by breeding her to dragons with confirmed traits.
She is very pretty btw the hypo and leatherback combo produces very brightly colored dragons.
I was thinking the same ☺️ I know she's a leatherback and was guessing hypo, all her nails are clear. She has heavy blue colouring on each side of her red stripe on her back but I'm not quite sure the other signs of blue bar. Thank you so much! She is quite beautiful.

Cosellius

Bearded Dragon Egg
We've found so far she's a hypo leatherback, I'm wondering if you guys can spot anything else
PXL_20230924_151757904.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230922_185931181.jpg
    PXL_20230922_185931181.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20230922_185739320.jpg
    PXL_20230922_185739320.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 16

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
She is also translucent.

Be sure when you breed her you dont breed to another leatherback. You will get silkies, which are very tough to take care of and have a low quality of life.

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
So she doesn't quite have the right look of a translucent when I pull her up on my computer as opposed to my phone. They will have almost a gummy or rubber coated look to them because you can see through the scales. They usually have dark irises which make their eyes look blacked out, now that isn't always the case and not all beardies with dark eyes are translucent.

She is a pretty lizard though. Again I'd avoid breeding her to another leatherback and be prepared for LOTS of babies. They are professional eaters at about day 3 on.

Cosellius

Bearded Dragon Egg
So she doesn't quite have the right look of a translucent when I pull her up on my computer as opposed to my phone. They will have almost a gummy or rubber coated look to them because you can see through the scales. They usually have dark irises which make their eyes look blacked out, now that isn't always the case and not all beardies with dark eyes are translucent.

She is a pretty lizard though. Again I'd avoid breeding her to another leatherback and be prepared for LOTS of babies. They are professional eaters at about day 3 on.
Thank you so much! yeah I'm not quite ready to care for silkies so I'll avoid pairing her with another leatherback. You're awesome!

Latest posts