• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What kind of dragons do i have.

Jill F.

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have 2 dragons. 1 I found the other I rescued. I don't know what kind they are. It doesn't matter because they have stolen my heart n I love them both. I'm pretty sure they are both boys. Can anyone tell me what I have.The 1st 2 photos are Buddy the found dragon. The last photos are Bouncer the dragon I rescued. Bouncer is missing part of a front leg n some toes. I was told his siblings chewed them off. I got him at approx 2 yrs old. He's now almost 4yrs

Attachments

• 20230927_102503.jpg
    20230927_102503.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230816_090845.jpg
    20230816_090845.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230927_102516.jpg
    20230927_102516.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230904_085825.jpg
    20230904_085825.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have 2 dragons. 1 I found the other I rescued. I don't know what kind they are. It doesn't matter because they have stolen my heart n I love them both. I'm pretty sure they are both boys. Can anyone tell me what I have.The 1st 2 photos are Buddy the found dragon. The last photos are Bouncer the dragon I rescued. Bouncer is missing part of a front leg n some toes. I was told his siblings chewed them off. I got him at approx 2 yrs old. He's now almost 4yrs
The first pic on left is a regular pogona dragon and the other looks to have maybe some citrus in him meaning the orange coloring -- I am not a expert on this stuff but I can have some one take a look to give you more detail of the 2 of them -- please keep them apart especially if they are both males they will fight and one could cause death to the other - if they are male / female I would keep them apart as well unless you want babies

Last edited by a moderator:

xp29

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree the first one is a normal, but he looks good a bit chunky maybe but good ( most won't agree with me, but I prefer a dragon to be filled out, it tells me they are being fed well)
I also agree the second one could be a citrus but not only that a citrus tiger. I bet his stripes are a beautiful blue when he is fired up.
I can see the stripes on the nails of both, so neither are hypo. Also I can see the eyes aren't solid black so not translucents either (although not all translucents have the black eyes, but most will). As far as what genetics they might carry, breeding would be the only way to tell. I'll post a picture of how to sex them, it's really simple. Just be sure the light you use doesn't burn them, even the L.E.D. lights can get very hot.
I agree with Sadie also about housing them separately, they really should not have line of site to each other as well.
If either or both are male, you will be able to see two hemipenes by candle lighting their tails.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 8

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum @Jill F. ! I agree with these two above. Def some citrus there! Beautiful lizards. Thank you for sharing!
and @xp29 thanks for the flashlight trick i hadn't seen that one before!

Jill F.

Bearded Dragon Egg
The first pic on left is a regular pogona dragon and the other looks to have maybe some citrus in him meaning the orange coloring -- I am not a expert on this stuff but I can have some one take a look to give you more detail of the 2 of them -- please keep them apart especially if they are both males they will fight and one could cause death to the other - if they are male / female I would keep them apart as well unless you want babies
They are separated of coarse. Thanks for your input.

Latest posts