• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what kind of beardie do i have?

josh leon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my beardie from petsmart and I was trying to figure out if he was anything special, or just special to me lmao

Attachments

• 20160810_183440.jpg
    20160810_183440.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • 20160810_183425.jpg
    20160810_183425.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Typically beardies from PetSmart are the basic beardies. If you wanted a "special" kind you would need to go to a breeder. But they can be very expensive and 90% of us get our beardies from PetSmart. I can name 6 of us off the top of my head, including you now that have PetSmart beardies and they are special to us!

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your beardie, he is beautiful and special!! Can't wait to see more pictures as he starts growing!!

Bobbi in Cincinnati - with my 13 hermit crabs, 1 bearded dragon - Sir Wallace and 5 rescue cats!!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He's definitely got very beautiful markings :) he does look like he has an extra splash of some type of orange or red in him. As he grows and sheds more you may notice even more vibrant colors. He's absolutely precious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josh leon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I gave him a bath today, and took a picture near a window, you can see his colors much better in this picture

Attachments

• 20160811_131128.jpg
    20160811_131128.jpg
    934.1 KB · Views: 48

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He's definitely not what I would call a "normal" Beardie, at least he doesn't look like it. I got my girl at petsmart and she is a normal sandy color. Yours has much more orange and citrus in him. I really don't know what you would actually call his particular color combination. There are so many different color combinations and different names breeders call them it's really hard to say. but he sure is a beautiful little one :)

josh leon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you guys very much, I switched to a uvb bulb yesterday and he seems to love it, here's a new picture :)

Attachments

• 20160816_163229.jpg
    20160816_163229.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you guys very much, I switched to a uvb bulb yesterday and he seems to love it, here's a new picture :)

a45b5a50c316dd88d104a8b640b91be0.jpg

This is my girl Spyra, as you can see she is the definition of a "normal" sandy Beardie. Yours has a lot of citrus and other colors in him. You should search sandfire Dragons and see if you think your guy could possibly fit in that category. There is a real broad range of colors that falls into this category some being more yellow, orange, red, sandy, or citrus mixed with a sandy pattern. They are beautiful dragons. Hope this is at least somewhat helpful.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thanks again raeann, your post helped alot, I'm about to look into it

No problem at all. I would be curious as well if I were in your shoes. Glad I could offer you some help

Latest posts