• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do we want for Christmas?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dear Santa

Merry Christmas Santa Claus! I’m sure you’ll get a chuckle out of my letter, but be assured; it is meant with the very honest of intentions. I write to you every year Santa, but somehow each year, my letters are returned. This year, I’ve decided to post it on the internet, hoping that you or some of your crew would see it.

I have a special request Santa, which I hope you can see your way to grant. I ask for my family, my friends, my neighbors, and those I know not of, to experience the Joy of Christmas. My hope is for them to find the small part deep in their hearts where the spark of a child still lives. I would very much like for them to hear “All I want for Christmas” and I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” and smile at childhood memories.

The smell of fresh cookies and the sight of ribbons and bows are all part of this time of year. But the hustle and bustle of the world has everybody forgetting the things that are most important…..family, good friends, and good health

I think back on Christmas past and remember Big Wheels, and Lincoln Logs, Barbie and Chatty Cathy and smile with the fondest of memories. I remember the new puppy being buried in the mounds of brightly colored paper, only to come bouncing out to lick us all in the face. I remember dinner at Grandma’s house and snowball fights outside after racing down the big hill on sleds. I remember that horrible sweater aunt Sue gave me one year, but the huge smile on her face when I wore it to Christmas dinner. I remember you Santa Claus, and I miss that time.

So, if you can find your way back to my house this Christmas Eve, just over look the gifts in your bag for me. Leave instead, the Joy of Christmas.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gina that was very beautiful. I wish you and yours the very best of holiday seasons. I sometimes think the true meaning of this holiday have been lost. Being with your loved ones and being happy for what you have.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Brian. I'm right with ya on thinking that the meaning of the holiday has been lost. It's all wrapped up in gifts and cost. Rarely do people put their effort into making anything anymore.

The best gift i ever recieved was a framed certificate that was designed and made, not bought. My kids made me a framed poster with my grand daughters finger painting all over, and pictures of her painting tacked all over it. It's precious. Each of my kids made me ornaments when they were young and i have their little hand and feet prints in plaster of paris. How do you swap those things for a PS3 or an ipod?

hehehe

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it all comes back to one thing... People being families... Emotions... not stuff...

Yeah... that's the ticket, Gina...
Holiday blessings on us all...every one.
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
gina i loved your letter to santa...in all honesty that IS what xmas should be about...family and togetherness not materialistic objects...i hope everyone has a happy holiday season and a safe one*hugs*

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wonderful letter. It is about the memories and spirit of the holiday season. I wish it lasted all year through.

My favorite presents were ones my niece and nephew made every Christmas. I shared them with my sons the other day as I unpacked them. We have carried on the tradition and our sons give homemade presents to family and friends. We enjoy giving them. This year we will be making sock snowmen made out of their baby socks. It's a little piece of them that will go into homes for many Christmases to come.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As the pressures of the economic situation get closer to home for some of us, it'll be the more simple things in life that will bring a smile.

Very true Renee, it would be wonderful if it would last year long. But we're able to set aside the petty preferences of human personalities for a short time like Christmas........maybe it'll be a little easier to adapt to when we truly need it.

Latest posts