• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What did your dragon do today?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Have to agree with Germ on not getting your dragon in the habit of being handfed...I will say that on occassion it's okay or perhaps as a last resort..we will sometimes give Mungi a special treat night and hand feed him a few Waxworms but we do make him chase his crickets..lol;)

Meganimoo

Hatchling Dragon
Persie waved at me for the first time today! It was soo cute! Does anyone know what it actually means when they do that?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Young ones just do it for the sake of doing it. When they are older, it is part of the mating ritual, & is also a sign of submission. If housed alone as they should be, or out of view of other dragons, adults will rarely do it.

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Patricia shed between yesterday and today. She just got a nice warm bath, and looks brand new.
I need to measure her again. She was 5 1/2 inches when we got her, but I went to PetCo yesterday and they have three new ones that look a lot smaller than her, so I know she has grown some.

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
I know that the brumation stage is probably starting, but I haven't experienced it as of yet. Well I got up at my usual 8AM and Harry's light had been on for about a 1/2 hour at that point. He was still lounging on his blanket with his head on his log. He looked so comfy just lounging there. I got my coffee, then began making his salad. Put the dish in his Viv and he glanced at it but didn't move. Then I added the fresh water dish and he started to move then decided to snuggle back in the blanket and ignore that too. Well I brought out the worm keeper and Oh My he jumped 10 feet laid back down and opened his mouth. He wanted me to hand feed him, the lazy bugger. So I got a couple worms in, a few bites of salad, he hates salad and even some baby food squash in, tee hee. He laid in bed the whole time. Well I moved him to his basking spot and he reluctantly laid there for a while, then went back to bed, lol. He was being just like my oldest daughter during the school years, lol. I went about my day and Harry was watching me while he was in his bed and he kept looking at his water bowl. He got up moved about an inch and looked at me then the water as if to tell me to put him in his bowl. I moved him a little closer and he jumped in. It was too funny. I know that when they are tired they will sleep, but I never expected him to demand I move him around and hand feed him so he can be lazy!! Please tell me this isn't going to last all fall or winter?

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
Rocky finished his body shed today and was scratching in his salad bowl like he was telling me to feed him, but then he didn't eat his salad when I gave it to him. Weirdo. Last night while he was trying to get his dead skin off he was running around the tank like a mad man and rubbing his belly and face all over his rocks... I've never seen him so anxious to shed his skin!

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
Today Harry was really sweet. My 4 year old daughter has a cold and whenever she isn't feeling well she just lies around all day. Harry wanted to snuggle with her. I let him out of his cage to let him wander a little, and he went right to her and cuddled up and relaxed with her. It was just so sweet seeing them together. Of course the battery of my camera was dead and after it gets charged they both moved, lol. Oh well better luck next time.:)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awww! That's so sweet. He loves her! Mine doesn't like to see me upset at all.

Today. My beardie's head, neck, tail, and legs started to show signs of shed. She went outside, basked out in the sun, pooped out side, and wanted to go for a ride in the car. :)

It's late, around 2-3 in the morning, Allie woke up from sound slumber and waited for me on her hammock. She was awake, scared stiff, and when I went to put her back, she climbed up my arm. Something terrified her I guess. (Perhaps a ghost that's been haunting our house-my Dad, or a soldier from the civil war. Or it's my old gerbils. :)

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
Today, my girl Izzy ate all of the veg from her bowl for the first time ever! :) (Proud mummy ;))
Then my little boy became a year old today! :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie started shedding now. Her head, tail, and legs. She kept rubbing herself on me-and I gave her a bath! She sat in it and splashed me when I splashed her. Now she's starting to poop in her bath. So that's a good sign that I'll have to use less paper towels when she goes in her own portable bath tub. :) She used her little basketball ducky as a prop. Hmm. She rarely used Ducky as a prop and didn't want anything to do with Ducky.:p

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today, Allie tried a couple of sweet peas in her morning salad and evening salad. She loved them! I don't usually feed a lot of peas, but I figured it'd be okay to give her two small ones, skin off and smashed up. Yum! She also had some watermelon with her evening salad.

When I took her out and walked into the kitchen, she wanted to go to the watermelon. So I figured she wanted some. :) She enjoyed and ate all of her salad, then listened to some music, and fell asleep on my chest.

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Today my beardie ate 16 phoenix worms and 3 horn worms. He sat with his hand on the food dish expecting more (I ran out of worms) so I had to substitute with those food cube things but he ate them just fine anyway. Later he cuddled with me for an hour and played in my hair (he really seems to like hair!)

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I know that the brumation stage is probably starting, but I haven't experienced it as of yet. Well I got up at my usual 8AM and Harry's light had been on for about a 1/2 hour at that point. He was still lounging on his blanket with his head on his log. He looked so comfy just lounging there. I got my coffee, then began making his salad. Put the dish in his Viv and he glanced at it but didn't move. Then I added the fresh water dish and he started to move then decided to snuggle back in the blanket and ignore that too. Well I brought out the worm keeper and Oh My he jumped 10 feet laid back down and opened his mouth. He wanted me to hand feed him, the lazy bugger. So I got a couple worms in, a few bites of salad, he hates salad and even some baby food squash in, tee hee. He laid in bed the whole time. Well I moved him to his basking spot and he reluctantly laid there for a while, then went back to bed, lol. He was being just like my oldest daughter during the school years, lol. I went about my day and Harry was watching me while he was in his bed and he kept looking at his water bowl. He got up moved about an inch and looked at me then the water as if to tell me to put him in his bowl. I moved him a little closer and he jumped in. It was too funny. I know that when they are tired they will sleep, but I never expected him to demand I move him around and hand feed him so he can be lazy!! Please tell me this isn't going to last all fall or winter?

My old dragon Zippo insisted on being handfed (I eventually had to hold his food dish up to his face so he didn't take part of my palm with the food). When it came time for the insects he would look to the insects and then to me and I would have to move him off his log to the floor and he would chase them like crazy (just too lazy to get off the log). Harry seems to be the same way :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today my beardie ate 16 phoenix worms and 3 horn worms. He sat with his hand on the food dish expecting more (I ran out of worms) so I had to substitute with those food cube things but he ate them just fine anyway. Later he cuddled with me for an hour and played in my hair (he really seems to like hair!)

Allie plays with mine all the time. I've got long thick hair and what great hiding places and she loves to try to eat my hair. Must taste good. LOL

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You cant kill this thread, its too good. i would love to get it pinned guys.

anyway, today i switched to roaches as feeders, and i checked to see how big my Kyuubi is and he is a full 14 inches now. not slowing down his two inches a month growing anytime soon i guess.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie was feeling great! Ate all her turnip greens, some crickets, and two superworms. She's one happy beardie! :)

Latest posts