• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What a day so far....

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was walking out my front door to leave and was looking inside to make sure I did not close Jordans fingers in the door. just as I had the door closed I turned to go to the car and about stepped on a 3.5 foot black snake who was lounging on my stoop. It was not a poisonous snake but it still scared the crap out of me. I screamed like I was being killed, turned to go back inside and when I did I twisted my ankle, fell into the door and jammed 3 fingers, slipped of the tiny step up to get in the door and twisted my knee. After I got inside took a breath, I went back out and chased the snake into the woods away from my house. At this point my head was now hurting from the adrenalin rush. Got in the car and left with my daughter. We went to a few stores and had to leave the island to find what I was looking for. My headache was finally gone. On the way back home I was going over the bridge at about 60 when the car in front of me lost its hood. It was coming straight for me and I had to swerved to keep from getting hit by it but could not go too far since I was on the bridge and had no where to go. Luckily at the last second the hood took a sharp turn away from us. Now the headache was back from the second adrenalin rush of the day and it is still hanging around, don't think this one is going away anytime soon.

So to sum up the day, I have a hurt ankle, knee, 3 fingers and a killer headache and Tylonal is doing nothing for any of it. Good thing I still have some Lortab left from when I got my wisdom tooth pulled back in December b/c it looks like I am going to need one tonight.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Girl, crawl in bed and just stay there until this day is over! I dont think its safe for you to be up and about.
Poor thing. Hope your day gets better. (maybe it will be better once you get the pain meds in your system)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL...my mom told me to go back to bed too. Pain meds always make the day better :)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
On the bright side I got a strange looking clock for the kitchen...it is forks, knifes and spoons. And a fire pit for the patio.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have had those days myself. I usually just sit down and bawl for awhile!!!!

Put your little one to bed. Take a hot bath, put on your most favorite jammies, pop some corn or get some ice cream and be very kind to yourself the rest of the evening. You deserve it!!!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OOOOO....a firepit is good. Post a pic of your weird clock when you get it up!!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
will post pics soon. I have to go to bed early tonight anyway, we have to leave the house by 6am tomorrow. My son has to be circumcised again. So after I get my daughter off to my friends house, my son to bed than my school work done...it is off to bed to end this crazy day.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
AWWW Staylor...you REALLY are having a rough time right now. :'( Things will be better tomorrow!!

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Staylor, there is a saying "When bad things happen, good things always follow". I have lived by this and it helps me endure when things seem bad.

Tomorrow, will be a better day for you.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know things will get better, just one of those days.

To top off the day...my husband drop off the kindergarten registration papers for my daughter. It is official, my little girl is now a big girl, she starts school in the fall :*( Chris was laughing at me last night b/c I was crying while filling them out, so today he told me he would drop them off to save me the tears.

I also registered her for a summer pottery class, she is so excited and I can't wait to display her artwork. Once Pottery Camp is over we are going to see how she likes it and if she likes doing it I am going to do a mommy and me pottery class with her.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sending your baby to school is tough. You will remember this time years down the road with fond memories. When my kids were younger, kindergarten was not a requirement but I enrolled both of them in 3, 4 and Kindergarten for the experience. I can remember picking them up and they would be so proud of whatever art they made that day. My kitchen was plastered with their artwork and handwriting. It's now plastered with my grandkids art work.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
On the bright side I got a strange looking clock for the kitchen...it is forks, knifes and spoons. And a fire pit for the patio.

There ya go. When the going gets tough...we girls go shopping!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I love shopping a little too much so to keep us from being homeless I try not to go shopping alone. I set out to have my daughter pick a fathers day gift and ended up with a clock, fire pit for the patio and the gift from my daughter. What should have been $10-$20 ended up being $120. oops ::)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could have been worse...could have been $220! :eek:

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just thought I would let you all know...last night I was letting the dogs out one last time before bed and when I opened the door a grasshopper jumped on my face. I smacked it off right onto the dogs face. Ugly was jumping around along with me and was scared to go near the door after that. Good news...the cat had a great grasshopper snack :) All the while Chris is standing there laughing at me and saying to not go near another door ever again...staying in a padded room is the best thing for me.

Latest posts