• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

"We can not be friends.."

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Curious to know if any one else's dragon just doesn't like certain people?

It's odd, I wouldn't really deem Spyra as a cuddly little angel, maybe a "part-time sweetheart" lol (she has her days). But overall she's very sociable and seems very content with human interaction. It's just Maddie's sister, Spyra hates her I swear. The poor kid can not even sit in Spyra's range of vision with out her bearding out at her and at times even opening her mouth. She's known to catch an attitude from time to time but not like this. She is the only person Spyra reacts this way toward.

I feel bad for the kid, she's only 10 so of course when she's around she asks to see her but Spyra's like "touch me and die!" To spare her feelings we convinced her Spyra is just "stretching" and she doesn't hate her lol. Any one else have anything similar happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaiden07

Juvenile Dragon
I find bearded dragons to have a wide variety of personality. I have 4 and each have their own sets of characteristics and each definitely have their preferences to people and other animals in the house. My smallest lizard prefers my boyfriend over myself, my orange one (the one in my post) is my flower child but literally hates my (black) cat, the other beardies will Bob their heads at her and she'll do submit to them but she'll freak out at my cat. I don't think it's anything particular that your friend has done, just the beardies personal preferences.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You are definitely right when you say they have their own little personalities. I feel for the kid but we have to secretly laugh when Spyra turns her nose up at her.

It's funny that your smallest lizard prefers your boyfriend. It's shows how intelligent they are, they may show it in their own unique way but they definitely know who mommy or daddy is.

Our girl is pretty good with other animals with the exception of our male chihuahua. She has actually tried biting him before lol poor pup

Zaiden07

Juvenile Dragon
Haha! My male beardie is really the only one who tolerates...well...anything. my cat will bat him on the head and chew on his tail and he could care less.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
I had a male beardie that I ended up rehoming because he HATED me. I couldn't touch him without him hissing and trying to bite me. He loved my roommate who could do anything to him. If my roommate was holding him and I walked by I'd get hissed at. He's one I don't miss

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
[emoji23] that's terrible, I'm sorry you were so hated by your own companion. I guess things could always be worse, thank God it's not me she hates.

Latest posts