• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Viv upgrade recommendations

BarbPolya78

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys hope you are all well, I have a query regarding custom built vivariums.

I am in the uk, my beardie is in a 4,2,2 viv but she is a big girly and through doing some research think she needs a 6ft instead of a 4 as she has grown so much since i adopted her a year ago.

I need some recommendations as i would like to invest in a new viv for her and possibly get a custom built one.

All suggestions are appreciated

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi guys hope you are all well, I have a query regarding custom built vivariums.

I am in the uk, my beardie is in a 4,2,2 viv but she is a big girly and through doing some research think she needs a 6ft instead of a 4 as she has grown so much since i adopted her a year ago.

I need some recommendations as i would like to invest in a new viv for her and possibly get a custom built one.

All suggestions are appreciated
I dont know of any places in the UK for tanks- your 4x2x2 is adequate enough for her -- letting her out would also help- I have posted on another forum to see if anyone there can help on this

BarbPolya78

Bearded Dragon Egg
I dont know of any places in the UK for tanks- your 4x2x2 is adequate enough for her -- letting her out would also help- I have posted on another forum to see if anyone there can help on this
Hi Sadie, thanks so much, she comes out all the time but as it’s cold here atm she is spending more time in her viv & felt like she needs more room to run around in there.

Im probably just being an over protective mama as she didn’t have a great start in life and i wanna give her the best.

Pls let me know if you do hear anything

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Sadie, thanks so much, she comes out all the time but as it’s cold here atm she is spending more time in her viv & felt like she needs more room to run around in there.

Im probably just being an over protective mama as she didn’t have a great start in life and i wanna give her the best.

Pls let me know if you do hear anything
So far no one has responded to this --- try this website
https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/
I am gonna try another person see if they know of anything

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I heard back from the person I reached out to and this is what he said
Swell reptiles is the main supply source I know of in the UK. I see you linked to them already. I’m not sure of specific enclosure brands over there. When it starts getting into larger sized eclosures (the bigger the better in my opinion) custom builds start to become most economical. The shipping costs start to get pretty high and flat pack options start to be more affordable at larger scales. I would look into building one myself or look for assistance from a local woodworker to build something custom on site that wont need to be moved or perhaps repurpose a large piece of furniture as some folks have done in the diy area of our site. There may also be the option of using portable lights to allow for remote roaming without needing to use a larger enclosure, but that would require an environment without other animals around and access to dangerous spaces blocked off.

Latest posts