• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very off topic...please help!

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I know this isn't a bearded dragon, but no one is giving helpful advice on other forums. I've been on this one for a while, and love the responses and how NICE and CONSTRUCTIVE everyone here is. I've gotten so much help with my Beardie, Nacho
uploadfromtaptalk1397587488885.jpg
here...I have an approximately 4 month old water dragon who looks to have a fungal infection. Was hoping to treat at home if possible. I've attached some pics, and can run through her husbandry if needed. Pretty sure everything is spot on. Any and all advice is much appreciated. Just noticed this yesterday. I handle her frequently, shocked I just noticed it. She's my baby, super sweet, and I love her dearly.

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That's what I was afraid of. I'll have to make her an apt. This week. Don't want it getting worse.

Zaiden07

Juvenile Dragon
If it is fungal, make sure she stays out of water completely until it's gone. One of our turtles at work had soft shell/fungal infection because he spend most of his time in water and our vet recommended an antifungal medication that we got at rite aid. Now before you go get antifungal meds from Cvs, call your vet haha

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It is DEFINITELY fungal. Have a friend who studies herpatology at a local university who was kind enough to take a look. The prob was my cheapo hygrometer. I invested in the zoo med hygrotherm system. I was almost drowning the poor thing! :( were back on track now.
uploadfromtaptalk1397760579691.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Love the zoomed hygrotherm! Not sure how I ever lived without them.

Is the infection curable?

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am in love with it! Now I can leave the house and not panic about temps and humidity. ....and I'm hoping we can get it under control. Were on twice weekly tank disinfecting, I've slightly lowered her humidity, batadine baths and topical antibiotics. She's not eating well either. Tube feeding twice a day with carnivore care and critical care, and she eats maybe 3 super worms a day. :( I think I'm stressing her out with all the treatments. She struggles quite hard about soaks and tube feeding. Plus going through her tank like I have been. Not a happy baby right now. I'm the bad guy!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am in love with it! Now I can leave the house and not panic about temps and humidity. ....and I'm hoping we can get it under control. Were on twice weekly tank disinfecting, I've slightly lowered her humidity, batadine baths and topical antibiotics. She's not eating well either. Tube feeding twice a day with carnivore care and critical care, and she eats maybe 3 super worms a day. :( I think I'm stressing her out with all the treatments. She struggles quite hard about soaks and tube feeding. Plus going through her tank like I have been. Not a happy baby right now. I'm the bad guy!

Whenever I would treat Allie's mouth, she used Grandma as a safe harbor. I'm the bad Momma.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah we are the bad ones. It never gets easy having to treat them medically. We had a frog once that we had to give oral medicine 2x a day, talk about STRESS! I think I cried a few nights because it just seemed impossible. We figure it out though and they have their moments where they realize that we are really trying to make them feel better.

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ive definitely been close to tears with this one! It is beyond frustrating! Its not easy to gently get their little mouths open! there are times where I swear she knows I'm helping.... And then I get tail whipped lol

Latest posts