• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Varied hot spot temp

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
My beardies got spot can vary between 97 f and 104. I obviously want it to stay at a constant temperature but it can range between those temps. Any advice on how to get it there or is it normal? My stat probe is right next to his basking spot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardies got spot can vary between 97 f and 104. I obviously want it to stay at a constant temperature but it can range between those temps. Any advice on how to get it there or is it normal? My stat probe is right next to his basking spot
That is a good range to have -- he will pick a spot where he likes the heat

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
That is a good range to have -- he will pick a spot where he likes the heat
Thanks, also would you suggest I feed him every other day as sometimes dosent seem interested in his food and may only have a couple of roaches and actually no veg. He’s doing fine and isn’t losing weight but he used to go mad for his food now can take it or leave it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks, also would you suggest I feed him every other day as sometimes dosent seem interested in his food and may only have a couple of roaches and actually no veg. He’s doing fine and isn’t losing weight but he used to go mad for his food now can take it or leave it.
Yep mine don't eat everyday either-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yh he just looks at it then looks away lol then another day he eats a lot.. he is between 9/10 months, is that still normal for his age ?
They tend to slow down - he should be eating insects everyday so I would offer them everyday if he doesn't eat them that's ok - as long as he's gaining weight and growing

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
They tend to slow down - he should be eating insects everyday so I would offer them everyday if he doesn't eat them that's ok - as long as he's gaining weight and growing
Thanks, Il continue to offer them as normal. It’s a shame as he hasn’t eaten any greens for a couple weeks and he would always have a munch before.

Latest posts