• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Varanus Tristis Tristis

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What do any of you know about these? They are basically a mini monitor from what i have read so far. ranging 24" to 28". Im reading up on them right now out of curiosity, wanted to see if anyone on the forum knew anything about them

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Relatively small/slender monitor, can get up to 2.5 feet in length. They are a "shy" monitor and semi-aboreal. The species is devided into two sub-species v.tritis.tristis and v.tristis orientalis. They are wide-spread in Australia's arid regions commonly found in woodlands and rocky outcrops. Similar husbandry requirements to v.acanthurus with the exception of a more aboreal set-up. Relatively easy to keep if you don't mind not having too much hands on interaction with them. Never kept them personaly but i have friends who have them (too shy for my taste).

Latest posts