• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vacation for an extended weekend

mgambino310

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm goin on vacation at the end of July (a Thursday to Sunday) I'm gettin a timer for the basking light but I also use one of the red lights at night for heat. I was wondering if Rex would actually need that at night while I'm away?

Also if I feed and bathe him really good before I leave Thursday, will he be okay with breaded dragon adult food pellets if he gets hungry?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He will probably be fine with the food. As for temps, make sure that he's warm enough without the red lights by testing it before you leave.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You dont have someone to feed him then you might want to look into putting a couple days worth of dubia in the viv as they won't bite your dragon and he can hunt them down as they emerge for food.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I just did the same thing, left on a Wed night came home Sat afternoon. My dragon's were just fine (don't even think they missed me). I fed real good in the morning and again for lunch. Left a heaping mound of mixed greens, no veggies because I was afraid they would harden and become a choking or impaction issue, and left a bowl of water. Luci got a bath Tuesday and Dexter got one Wed afternoon so she could poop. Saturday I fed them as soon as I got back. All lights are on timers.

Latest posts