• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Urgh! People!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Waiting in line at walmart to return a halogen bulb that didn't suit Allie. (Blown light and Allie climbing her plants to get out again to tell me something's not right!) So anyway, here I am standing with my mother and few other people. There were three people in front of me. One of them waiting out of line for the cashier to finish business with another customer. (They had two lines then, but then they closed it down and said, "There's only one line and it's first come first serve.") Well, the person turned out to be a kid trying her hardest to be an 'adult'. The two people in front of us let her go against them and they said, "It's not fair that you had to go to the back of the line." And I agreed with him. When he turned around and nodded, "It's not fair th-" I started saying to my mother and he began butting into our conversation. (Never got to finish whatever I was trying to say to my mother, so I began whispering in her ear instead since he was so arrogant - (I would tell you what I really told my mother, but I don't want to say it on here.) I fumed all the way home. I'm still angry because of that guy. That guy needs to learn not to intrude into other people's conversations with each other if they're not included.

Pat B

Super Moderator
WalMart sucks and that is all there is to it!! The cashiers are just as bad....ignoring you and talking to a friend when you are checking out. OR....not saying anything to you when checking out! Have you ever seen pictures of people that go to WalMart and what they wear?? OMg....

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have! WalMart does suck! Instead of buying another halogen bulb, I went to Kroger where they're much cheaper there than at Walmart! WalMart: Always Low Prices. Their slogan needs to be WalMart: Always High Prices! And I keep telling myself, "Sam Walton would be spinning in his grave if he found out how much has changed." He wanted everything in the store to be American made. I used to work for a WalMart and he was supposed to visit our store, but he had pneumonia and died. He flew his own plane to his stores to visit and greet his employees. Now that he's gone, everything went to his brother and then an appointed CEO and WalMart started to go downhill from there. Women were suing WalMart right and left from being discriminated against via pay. Men had a higher salary than women. I was discriminated against, but you know what made me stay: The Need for Job arose more than anything! I stayed seven years and was up for a promotion. I was actually the only cashier that greeted her customers and smiled. Everyone else around me didn't do what I did and I had the longest lines.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
'nother rant: I was selling some of my jewelry on a facebook local auction site and one lady said she'd meet me at 10. So off I went and discovered she wasn't there. I waited for fifteen minutes, no such luck. I went home, found a message saying, "I'm so sorry, I can't make it today!" Well, that peeved me off because I wasted the last of my gas and wasted time that I can't replace! :( I canceled the sale with her. I gave her my number to call me if something came up, but no, she didn't call me to tell me she wasn't coming. From now on, if they want it, they'll have to come to my house or the gas station at the end of the main road!

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
agreed walmart does suck!! there is only one place i like to get things for autumn and stacey...a petsmart! its the cleanest store i have ever seen and they take care of all the animals like they are their own and i know most of the workers in there so when i go get crickets or feeders they always through some extra in for me so i get some free feeders at times...they even gave me like 15-20 guppies free one time and the best part is they are about 15 minutes away from where i live so they are not far at all

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wasn't getting the proper heating temps with a regular basking bulb so I went to halogen bulbs. All bulbs aren't created equal. The one I had to take back wasn't producing enough heat. I usually go to Petland because it's about 30 miles away from me. Closest is a Mom and Pop pet store that sells too small crickets and Allie won't touch them. She loses interest in small crickets that die quickly.

Pat B

Super Moderator
agreed walmart does suck!! there is only one place i like to get things for autumn and stacey...a petsmart! its the cleanest store i have ever seen and they take care of all the animals like they are their own and i know most of the workers in there so when i go get crickets or feeders they always through some extra in for me so i get some free feeders at times...they even gave me like 15-20 guppies free one time and the best part is they are about 15 minutes away from where i live so they are not far at all

Petsmart sucks....I go there for my crickets bec there isn't another place. I have been given so much wrong information. Their beardie enclosure is tiny and always dirty. However....sounds like you have lucked out and have a Petsmart that actually cares about their reptiles and animals!! :rolleyes:

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I like it when pet stores care for their animals but there are some who don't give a care to their animals. All animals, though small, have feelings too! They can feel pain. If they've got a brain, spine, nerves, and senses they can feel pain. I always believed that they do. Fish included.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Petland, Rome sucks....they sold me a 100 crickets and three died. One eaten...all because they don't know how to care for their crickets. (I 'ordered' them to take all those crickets and put them into fish bags with egg crates and air. (They didn't like it.) Tough! Just because I use crickets for feeders, doesn't mean they deserve sub-par care.

Latest posts