• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Twitching toes

Fear the beard

Bearded Dragon Egg
my beardie's toes are twitching. She is shedding so I gave her a bath and she pooped a lot. It was about 2 inches long not counting the white and came out in three pieces. I don't know where to start or should we just visit the vet.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi - it looks as if you are concerned about 2 different issues - twitching toes and poop ? The poop sounds ok to me. Both of mine poop a bit, relax, poop a bit more. unless its really watery - it comes out in stages (kinda like ours does sometimes). The twitching toes? interesting. how old is your beardie? what is your tank set up? what are the heat gradients? what and how often do you feed? is the twitching constant or intermittent? im sure more questions will come to mind --

Fear the beard

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have a heat lamp and a uvb light the temps are about 80 on the cool side and 95 by her hammock she is about 3 and a half months old

Fear the beard

Bearded Dragon Egg
We give her small crickets and kale mostly I recently learned kale can be bad so we are switching to collard greens. We give her fruit maybe once a week strawberries mostly. We give her crickets 3 times a day and greens once

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would like to see her basking temp over 100 please. does she use her hammock for her basking area? switch up the greens- don't give her the same thing every day. how many crickets at each feeding?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Twitching toes can be a sign of MBD. As Canicke said, bump up the basking temp. Babies should be fed more protein. Rule of thumb is however many they want to eat in a matter of 10 min, 3 x a day. Mine easily ate 75 crickets a day when they were babies! You also want to make sure one meal a day is dusted with a calcium supplement most people alternate between one with D3 and one without and then a multivitamin a few times a week.

The dessert 50 bulb doesn't put out enough UVB for a bearded dragon and if you have it on the mesh top of your tank, it puts out even less. I would go with a Reptisun 10.0 or Arcadia 12%. A T8 bulb should be mounted inside the tank.

Latest posts