• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thinking about adding another (& bigger) lizard to my menagerie next year

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm thinking about getting a Black & White Tegu (the one from Argentina not the Columbian which can be really mean) in a near futur, a new job and a new flat have a lot to do with this decision. I know they can be a little more dangerous than a beardie, need a lot of work to become really tame and the food consumption seems gigantic. It's impressive to watch how curious and friendly they can be once they get tame, a French friend of mine own one and he seems to enoy to climb on people like a big cat, he follows people when you let him roam in the house.

I already have a couple of books and I spend a lot of time on Tegutalk.com which is the Tegu equivalent of this community.

Anyone here ever had a Tegu?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
from everything i have ever read the argentinian b&w tegu is a awesome animal to have and fairly easy to tame. One thing to watch for is over feeding them. These animals have the ability to get huge and because of this people tend to overfeed them by comparrison of the amount of movement they do. If you feed a lot of high protein high fat make sure he gets some time outside his cage for excercise so he doesnt end up a huge flabby mass.

Latest posts