• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Teratoscincus przewalskii care sheet??

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have this very cute little lizard but I'm getting conflicting info on what she is. One person has told me that she's a tertoscincus przewalskii and others have todl me she's a teratoscincus micropolis(this is what I think she is). I can not find a care sheet anywhere. I've been googling since I got her. If anyone happens to know of one please let me know.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i searched in all the areas that i frequent on the net for any information on this type of gecko and have been unable to locate anything. i am going to pm 2 members on here in hopes that they may have something.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Care sheet is parallel to leo sheet...nocturnal, no lights, same temps, communal.
How's that for easy ?
Janie
Unless you have something further to offer, Francis ?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh... additional information... breeding is difficult, incubation temps and humidity not really established enough to prove hatching.
Sand for substrate... like knobs.
Janie

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
No personal experience with this species unfortunately as it is not an OZ native.
But if it's similar to knobbies in it's requirements then it should not be too difficult (easy really)

Heat source provided by UTH (thermostat controlled)
29-32oC on the warm end 22-24o on the cool end
Substrate borrowable sand 2-3 inches deep (washed playsand shoud be fine or any commercial sand used for knobbies)
Mist every 3 days for humidity
Feed every second with appropriate size insects (i do it so it hits in between misting)
No need for UV just calcium supplements and vits
Up turned terracotta pot bases with an entrance hole cut into them for hides

That's pretty much the standard basic care for a terrestrial nocturnal gecko found in a sandy habitat.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I was hoping to find something on breeding. I would like to incubate the eggs that she may lay but if I can't find the info then I won't. I have her set up on playsand temps ranging for 78-90*f. She seems to be doing good. She's hunting and pooping. She's getting more friendly too. Guess I'll have to go to the library and research the old fashion way (books) and see if I can find anything. Thanks everyone

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's not fully proven. Here's what i have.

They mate at the beginning of the year when temps start to rise. Females require additional food and calcium. They produce about 4 clutches of 2 eggs.
Incubation is dry for 2-3 months.

My attempts at breeding them were flakey to say the least. It was an interesting project, but kinda sad.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so they don't require an incubator? I could just keep them in a warm place and see what happens? You've kept them Gina? Could you possibly tell me what kind she is. I've been getting conflicting info. Here's a pic of her.

DSCF1450-2.jpg

DSCF1451-2.jpg

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
its hard to say. Most teratoscincus look very similar with the exception to size. My thought is that she's scincus scincus. Those are the most common in captivity. Alot will depend on her size however.

I used an incubator, mainly because with the amount of high output lights in my house, i couldn't maintain steady temps. I incubated them basically the same way I incubated my cresteds. I kept the incubator set at 80F. which meant it almost never cut on.

She's a cutie. I love frog eyes.

Latest posts