• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Taking Yoyo outside

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Everytime I take Yoyo outside, he freaks. He puffs up and black beards at me. He even trys to bite if I go to pick him up. If I hold him he trys to jump out of my hands and run. Now will he eventually get used to being outside if I continue to introduce him gradually or should I just give up taking him out? It really seems to be quite stressful for him. I only take him out for a couple of minutes at a time.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he's aware of the predators out there. He also feels the strength of the sunlight. His reaction is pretty normal.
You may wish to use a leash in order to keep a good firm hold on him.
I like using the sterilite tubs that are clear and large. I can take them out with me, and carry the tubs in without causing them further stress.

Gizmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
I like using the sterilite tubs that are clear and large. I can take them out with me, and carry the tubs in without causing them further stress.

Oooo thats a great idea ;D

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I use a wire bird cage that I had for my parrot when going to the vet. She can get natural UV, heat and cant escape PLUS I can take her along with me when I work outside from spot to spot

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Stubbs was the same way...now he just loves it....keep trying, we did little bits at a time...and it worked like a charm !!!

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i have a sliding glass door zeus likes to stare out and sun bathe at. when we first moved here his tank was next to a window that let sunlight in. maybe that got him used to it' if you have a window to let yoyo hangout by maybe he will warm up to the sun ( pun intended ) ^_^

Latest posts