• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Superworms

shlanktree

Bearded Dragon Egg
After reading a post about superworms it got me wondering. . . .
How many supers do you offer at a time? I am worried with the hard shell and impaction should I be? I only usually give mine 4 at a time a few times a week.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If your dragon is well hydrated, impaction shouldn't be an issue. I usually give about 4 or 5 before they give up.

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
Mine too! He eats about 8-10 a day,I have never had a problem with impacting..their outer shell is not as hard as a mealworm..i don't give him mealworms,just supers,horns and phoenix worms..

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine eat like 30-40 at a time lol. Granted I dont trust them with big ones yet so they are just millworm size lol.

suzy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine will usually eat whatever I will give them. I was going by the all they can eat in 15 min but I has to cut them off way before that they were at 25 and still eating.

kristen.higgins2

Bearded Dragon Egg
I losed my berdin dragon in my wold s yester day :( he look s like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409754802.500082.jpg

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think she meant she lost her bearded dragon in the woods yesterday.
Im sorry :(
I almost lost one of mine outside once. I then got harnesses for them.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She's not from the US. Daniel is right she lost her dragon.

@kristen.higgins2 so sorry for your loss. Having a bearded dragon die is one thing but having one run away has to be even more heart wrenching knowing it's still out there. Hopefully, by some chance, he makes it back home.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Do you guys use superworms in place of crickets?

I do. Dexter won't eat crickets and for awhile Luci wouldn't eat them either. I still have to buy crickets for my frogs so I still try to offer them to Luci. Sometimes he will eat them and sometimes not.

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
I do too. I can't stand the nasty things (crickets, that is) and Fenchurch is ambivalent toward them at best. At my local pet shop, superworms are only slightly more expensive, so I go that route.

Jet76

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Black Soldier Fly Larvae is what I use. For my hatchlings to my adults. You don't have to feed them.

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
My son's beardies are about 9 to 10 inches long. Does he have to wait until they are over 15 inches to feed them supers? What's the best way to get them to eat crickets? It seems like they are not interested at all.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
My son's beardies are about 9 to 10 inches long. Does he have to wait until they are over 15 inches to feed them supers? What's the best way to get them to eat crickets? It seems like they are not interested at all.

I believe you can feed them supers at 10"
Phoenix won't eat crickets now that I've have him super worms and dubia roaches which is fine by me because they're a lot better than crickets

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
I believe you can feed them supers at 10"
Phoenix won't eat crickets now that I've have him super worms and dubia roaches which is fine by me because they're a lot better than crickets

Thanks. The breeder fed them dubia roaches. I guess I will have to find a supplier for the dubia roaches and super worms.

Latest posts