• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Super worms

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; And welcome to BDF; I personally do not feed them but others do. I use worms as a treat only and when i do i use silkworms,phenix[sp] or horn worms but only as a treat as your beardie can become worm spoiled and they are very fatty to beardies. hope this helps you a little and others will be along shortly. river-7

Melissa Roberts

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi; And welcome to BDF; I personally do not feed them but others do. I use worms as a treat only and when i do i use silkworms,phenix[sp] or horn worms but only as a treat as your beardie can become worm spoiled and they are very fatty to beardies. hope this helps you a little and others will be along shortly. river-7
thanks is it true you can feed super worms as a staple food?

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No, a good staple for beardies is listed on the front page of the forum=veggies, crix;or roaches and some worms as a treat only- as they are fatty and a good chance your beardie will become spoiled and not eat crix; if given worms as a staple. And most of all it's not healthy for them. hope this helps you a little and your very Welcome. river-7-aka-Bella

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
The best insects to use as staples are crickets and roaches, due to their protein/fat ratios. Some people say that they use Phoenix worms as a staple due to their good calcium levels but they would be quite expensive to use as a staple and possibly fattening. I do feed super worms to my beardie though, as a treat. He will eat about 20 crix a day and a few small supers every other day.

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
My staple is Dubia's and I am planning to start breeding my own. I do every now and then feed hornworms, Butterworms and some supers and I get crickets from Ghanns crickets now. They need a variety. I have been trying and trying to get Dino to eat mixed greens with Dandlion, mustard greens and kale and turnip greens but he always refuses well yesterday I watched a Video from Carolina Classic Dragons and they were feeding they're Dragons Spring mix. I gave some to Dino and he ate it right up:cool:

Latest posts