• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

starting to worry

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
im starting to worry about one of my little ones. he's almost always dark. sleeps alot. hasn't been eating as much as his sibling. he's not as bright eyed as his sibling either. i think im gonna call the vet tomorrow and see if they take beardies. do you think it would be too much stress on him, since he's only about 2-3 months old? hopefully it won't cost too much...gosh i'm so worried :(

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well the only thing i can afford is a repti-glo 10.0 bulb, not the tube :( im desperately looking online for cheap fixtures that will go the length of the tank, but i'm out of a job and only have 50 dollars

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I hate to say it, but the UV light is your issue with the little one. When beardies go dark, they are either stressed or trying to soak up UV light. The ReptiGlo 10.0 does not put off enough UV for a beardie to thrive. They have been known to cause issues with dragons too. If you have a compact bulb, they have been known to cause eye issues with bearded dragons.

Here is a link to find a herp vet in your area:
Herp Vet Directory

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yea i figured that might be most of the problem. but my other guy seems to be ok...i'm really trying to find a good light :'(

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If the other one is heartier than the sick one, it will take some time before you see any issues. If it is 85F or above in your area, you can take them outside to get some natural UV light. Stay with them if you don't have a screened enclosure. Many predators lurk around.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
unfortunately i live in washington state and it's only about 55 degrees. i'm afraid it won't reach 85 for a couple months, if it even makes it that high.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
posted an ad on craigslist, and texted my friend who got me into beardies. she might have an extra fixture for me. hopefully it takes the tubes!

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
walmart, there is an 18" fixture for like 9 bucks, its one of those under the counter ones, but u can just set it at the top of the tank if u can get the distance right, its in the hardware department, comes with a reg bulb so u just gotta swap it out with ur uvb bulb. hope that helps.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
grimm said:
walmart, there is an 18" fixture for like 9 bucks, its one of those under the counter ones, but u can just set it at the top of the tank if u can get the distance right, its in the hardware department, comes with a reg bulb so u just gotta swap it out with ur uvb bulb. hope that helps.

ok i'll go check that out. i really appreciate all you guys helping out us newbies. it really means alot to me that you care about other people's reptile babies. *hugs to all the nice people*

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
007-1.jpg

so i went to walmart and this is what i got. i got 2 since they were only 10 bucks. will these work with 10.0 uvb bulbs?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crystal9534 said:
007-1.jpg

so i went to walmart and this is what i got. i got 2 since they were only 10 bucks. will these work with 10.0 uvb bulbs?

Is that for heat? If so, probably not. They don't give off a lot of heat. Just use a regular household bulb. As for a uvb....get the fixture at walmart, but you need to get the repti sun 10.0. Try Herpsupplies.com That is where I always went to buy online. I would definitely get the repti glo out. Better nothing at this point.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think it will help with UV for your beardie. It looks like it is for plants. Honestly, I've never heard of this UV light. You need a tube bulb. All others are not good for your dragons.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it is a tube fixture is should be okay. Just be sure to keep receipts in case it isn't compatible.

Latest posts