• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So whadayah think?

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
After a little over three months I decided to sort the baby roaches from my bin. I bought three buckets from Lowe's. One I left alone, one I drilled 1/8" holes in, and the other 1/4" holes. Below are the fruits of my roaches' labors (pun totally intended). :D I currently have around 40 females and 10 males.

image.jpg

I didn't do a full tub cleaning. These are only the ones that were on the egg crates. How many do you think are in there? I'm going to feed these to Reggie and see how long it takes for her to chew through them. I'm estimating 2-3 weeks tops, which means I probably need at least 60 more females and a few more males to be self-sufficient. I say 60 because keep in mind, I have a pacman and plan on buying one or two crocodile skinks! :eek:

Let me know what you think, both with the baby count and how many females you think I will need! Mainly just posing these questions for fun, but deep down i really am interested in everyone's thoughts. :cool:

Pat B

Super Moderator
Sounds and looks like you are on the right track. I couldn't do it. Roaches are disgusting and could never pick one up. Here in South Carolina we have these big dark red palmetto bugs....but I call them 'BARS'....big a** roaches!!

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Haha - the beauty of this method is I didn't have to touch a single roach (not that I care about touching them, only the adults bother me... just saying)! Anyone else want to weigh in? :D

Latest posts