• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So my little Dragolina is actually a dude?!

PriscillaW

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I always assumed Dragolina was a she because I didnt see her ever head bob for the entire first year in and her. Plus this dude who has owned bearded dragons for longer than I have looked and said yup, female. However, I just saw a guide for how to determine gender, and my little princess is actually a prince... right?

Also side question: that yellow near the vent is just shed, right?

Attachments

• IMG_3589.jpg
    IMG_3589.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 25

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I always assumed Dragolina was a she because I didnt see her ever head bob for the entire first year in and her. Plus this dude who has owned bearded dragons for longer than I have looked and said yup, female. However, I just saw a guide for how to determine gender, and my little princess is actually a prince... right?

Also side question: that yellow near the vent is just shed, right?
Shed or coloring - looks like he's gonna shed on the leg

PriscillaW

Bearded Dragon Egg
Shed or coloring - looks like he's gonna shed on the leg
Dang I feel kinda sad it's a he after this long of not knowing. Guess I'll call him Dragolino instead. Thank you so much! You're always super helpful. You should get paid for your service.

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
Lol that is not where you look for gonads...base of the tail itself. So best way is put them on a flat surface and lift tail. I attached a photo not taken by me

Attachments

• main-qimg-b214de7819322b68c06f1f92fc547816-lq.jpeg
    main-qimg-b214de7819322b68c06f1f92fc547816-lq.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts