• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Signs of

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well. Allie's one years old, but she's 'jumped' into the terrible twos all of a sudden and here's a few signs of the terrible twos that I've witnessed so far: (Typical beardie behavior mixed in.)

1: Excessive glass dancing: Including arm waving and the 'I wanna get out NOW, Mommy!' trying to get out.

2: Into everything that's open and dangerous: (IE: open file cabinets, excellent hiding places between stuff like boxes.

3: A 'Me want crickets over greens' attitude. (I thought only babies did this, but I guess they all do! LOL!)

4: Excessive interest in things that are newly clean. (carpets.)

5: Excessive running all over the place to find things to taste. (IE: Shoes, tanks, anything worth her time.) :p :D

6: And hissing at a sleeping dog.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here's some more of the terrible twos:
7: Bribing works well with a stubborn beardie (Smashed canned sweet peas triple, quad, washed.) when she still doesn't want her greens. :D

8: Running away from Grandma to me and showing a black beard whenever she doesn't get what she wants, at her.

9: Climbing her plants and then tearing them down. (What a dare devil!)

10: Pretending to be asleep under her blankets on me. (Eyes open, and flattened out, basking instead of sleeping.)

11: Giving the evil eye to Grandma all the time despite a treat. :D

12: Showing interest in pre-school shows. (Must be the kiddies on the TV.)

Pat B

Super Moderator
Your Allie is such a trip. I really do enjoy reading about the little guy. My Spike has now been in brumation for 2 weeks!! Sound asleep on his hammock with his head in the corner....go figure!! Sort of scary as I didn't think he would do this.... I wonder what he will be like when he wakes up....probably HUNGRY!! :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Or be like Allie when he wakes up. What's funny is this: She likes bright colors so I had a book of beaded necklaces and put it in her tank because she was glass dancing and getting a black beard. Her attention: On the book. She stared at almost every single page and stopped glass dancing after that. I guess I took her mind off her reflection.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
More Terrible Twos and other quirks:

13: Scratching your hands, arms, and face to get to the highest point. (Your head, chair head, anything that's higher than me.)

14: Black bearding when she can't see what's outside because there's plastic on my windows.

15: Loves to 'Boldly go where no beardie's gone before' to the burning hot stove. (Dare Devil. She fights me to see what's cooking.)

16: Loves the following shows: Transformers: Prime (Obsessed with Optimus Prime's Voice or music, action attraction.) Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb, or some other cartoon. (She doesn't like the type of cartoons I used to watch when I was a kid. I tried Rainbow Brite and no such luck. She turned tail. (The Care Bears Movie: No hit.) *Shrugs*. She does like Tom and Jerry too. LOL!

17: Loves the color pink. I can't get her to like yellow. (She hates the yellow leaves out on the tree and goes crazy whenever there's birds flying around.)

18: Scratches at the door before the dogs go out for their business. (If I'm holding her and letting them out, she'll scratch and 'run' to the door. When I open the door, she'll sit quietly and look once the dogs are out.)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Other terrible twos:

19: Wedging herself between the bottom glass and basking log to where she's stuck and can't get out without help. ;)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
More:

20: Lying on her new tiny little beanie baby toy while basking under her lights.

21: Sleeping with her new tiny little beanie baby toy. (She went straight from sleeping by herself to a 'teddy bear'.) Now she's showing some interest in stuffed toys...

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Allie really is something :D makes me giggle reading these posts! My boys haven't been out properly so I decided yesterday I would let them have a good old play on my bed. Nibbler was first out he run round in circles teetering on the edge then he heard the tv went straight to the foot of the bed and began to watch Simpsons...35 mins in I noticed Charlie was at his glass he too appeared to be watching so I brought him out, sure enough he walked to Nibbler sat beside him snuggled in and they watched almost an hour of Simpsons together it was very sweet to see and neither of them seemed intimidated by the other they just had a cuddle and watched tv for a while :) I don't think I will make a habit of them being out together but it really was lovely to see the brotherly love they exhibited.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks. She's been running all over her tank when the tank lights go on til the afternoon. Then she settles down.

Someone from another forum told me that she could be getting ready to lay eggs, but I don't feel anything and she's not digging around her tank. Plus, her urates aren't turning pink as they say when they're getting ready to lay eggs. I've got an digging box, but no sand. The only sand I've got is a calci-sand I don't use. I don't want to use that.

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Unless she's trying to dig frantically or lethargic I wouldn't think it was eggs but I've never had BD's before, I do know my Iguana when she was gravid she displayed no signs of digging she just stopped and didn't move she just would look at me constantly. She sounds like she's just being naughty for the sake of being naughty, just like my Louie he's a class act :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know. I gave her a one of those plastic storage boxes and she went into it, looked around, sat down, basked, then climbed on her hammock, sat on that, and then climbed off again. Then she looked at me like, "Okay. I tried my 'digging box' out, now where's my sand?" She's not digging frantically and lethargic. Not with the way she's moving all around the tank and on my bed whenever she's out. She's not looking for a place to dig. She's just staring at her reflection the entire time she's glass dancing. (She thinks it's another dragon.) And climbs up on her cardboard cave. Nothing like the terrible twos in beardies. (She sleeps like a baby too!)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
22: Shh! Be very quiet! She's playing the 'quiet game' for now under her UVB.

23: Jumping all over the place without a care in the world. IE: Laminate flooring.

24: Leaping for 'joy' whenever she sees something she's never seen before. (Like the kitchen) She's seen it before.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
25: Refusing to bask under her lights because a certain toy was in her spot! (Toy's name's Sky: the Husky.)

26: Sleeping with Sky the Husky with her arm on him. :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mellowed out this morning so far and ate all of her greens.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Much calmer today. :) I woke up early and she was happy to see me. :)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe that was the problem all along...she was just got tired of you being lazy and sleeping in when she was ready to play:) Maybe you could train her to make a fresh pot of coffee since she's already up anyway! LOL I can never sleep late because our iguana slaps the side of it's enclosure with it's tail at 6:45am sharp....sounds like a hammer hittin the wall...that is usually followed by our big German Shepard barking cause he was startled awake and thinks someone is at the door and then our dove Lacey will either start her rooster crowing or her "insane woman laughing" thing....yep why have alarms when you live in a zoo,right? But it always starts my day with a smile for sure cause it's our zoo:D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! Maybe. You should hear our parakeet! If she wakes up in the morning and we haven't fed her yet, she squawks and flaps her wings as if there's something wrong. (Really there is something wrong with her favorite mirror. It broke...and she had a fit right there, "Mirror! Mirror!" She says. So we use red duct tape and hung it up that way. Now she's really mad because she get behind the mirror...and not to mention three dogs who love to go out whenever your alarm clock goes off and I haven't gotten up because I'm lying there waking up. ;) We've got a good amount of animals in the zoo. Three dogs, one beardie, one bird, one gerbil, one fish, one cricket that got out of the tank (Don't know what it ate while out and what it got into so I'm not risking anything.), a fish, and a partridge and a pear tree. LOL! :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The 'Restless' beardie came back again. So now this new thing is: to run across the keyboard as fast as she can to get to the table next to the computer.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
27: Scattering her greens all over the place.

28: Running to the window and sitting there for like five seconds before running across the floor to somewhere else.

30: 'Playing' hide n seek on the bed, under my blankets and sheets.

31: Making more noise than a bird.

32: Wrecking her decorations and moving them all around the tank.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
33: She runs and leaps off a chair, with her body flattened out. (She's like a flying squirrel.) She leaps off from the chair, towards the TV and I caught her before she could land and hurt herself. I have a small living room so it's possible to fly from the chair to the TV. I wish I could have gotten a pic of that, but it happened so fast.

Latest posts