• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

*sigh*

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As some of you may know from my Facebook posts Dusty the Chameleon took a nose dive in health in a matter of 2 days or so. Unfortunately the vet wasn't open on the weekend and the next nearest one is 2hrs away and wouldn't have been able to take me anyway so I had to wait until Monday for an appointment. I called 1st thing in the morning to set up an appointment and got one for later in the day. Just as I was packing Dusty up in the container to go, he passed away. After a necropsy it turns out he had growths on his intestines. Everything else was fine, no impactions no parasites or anything. It kills me because I did everything by the book for this lil guy and I never lost a reptile other than the WC frillie a couple years ago. Just needed to vent and felt like I should give those who knew an update.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:(
Sorry Candice. At least you know it wasn't anything that could have been prevented.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I suppose but I still feel horrible since he was so young. Kinda like a life that never had the chance to live and that's what bothers me the most. It's easier on me when it's an adult but babies just kill me

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree....adults are hard, but babies are even harder. Been there, done that. Don't ever want to do it again.

My condolences, Candice. :(

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Craig. I'm tryin to talk myself out of this funk I'm in. I keep tellin myself I couldn't have done anything

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Thanks Craig. I'm tryin to talk myself out of this funk I'm in. I keep tellin myself I couldn't have done anything

...and it's true. Not easy, but true.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
There's nothing you could've done. It was unpredictable and even if you went to the vet earlier it wouldn't have helped. It's just one of those things that you have to let nature handle. It was his time but at least you gave him a good life. I'm sure that most other people wouldn't have felt this way and at least he had someone who cared for him upon his passing. Don't beat yourself up you took all of the proper steps. Hope this helps and I'm sorry for your loss.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
sorry to hear. we've also lost two chams in the last year. one was an adult, the other was 5 months. it was so hard to lose them. i drove 2 hours to get some reptaid for the 5 month old and he passed away while i was there. mom was upset because she was home and had to watch him go through it :(

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Candice, you and your hubby are in our thoughts. I'm sorry you had to experience this.

Latest posts