• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick!! Why is this even legal?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, things like this happen. It even happen with us like "siamese twins". If the animal can function properly and is not suffering from this disorder. I personally think it is great someone will take the time to care for a dragon such as this. If the animal can live out a full life "handicapped" do you believe this animal should be put down because of this handicap?

If this was a result of breeding for this mutation. I would strongly disagree with the ethics of the person who produced this animal.

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
That's my point a mutation is not a problem but to bred animals so they look like this is a totally different kettle of fish! Do I strike you as the type of person who would simply have no care for an animal with a defect? You may not know but 2 of my lizards are rescues Louie had major problems when I took him in. I got my BD babies from a breeder because I simply couldn't find a rescue center that had any. on the face of it I may sound, due to my bluntness, to be a cold hearted person but in actual fact my partner of 9 years and I decided a long time ago bringing more children in to the world was not a such a good idea and instead decided adopting reptiles was the way for us to go! The whole point of me making this post as sharing the story was because it upset me to think that reptiles are bred to look like this just for fun a natural genetic mutation is not something I would or have ever had a problem with I don't agree with the fact that he collects these animals that's all.

Latest posts